Abu 6000's on EBAY

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by YellaCat, Mar 11, 2007.

1. YellaCat

YellaCat New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Any of you guys buying reels or rods on Ebay? I just picked up 2 new 6000's for $40 each. There was also a couple "factory reconditioned" 6000's on there for $29.00 each. Seems like if you look around a little you can get good prices on these bad boys.

I also picked up 700 trotline hooks for $38. They are $4.50 a pack of 50 at Walmart or Academy Sports. I got the Mustad O'shaughnessy 4/0. I usually use 3/0, but for the price, I'll start using the bigger hooks.

Just thought I'd pass on to ya'll what I thought was pretty good deals.
    :big_smile:

2. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I'm broke most of the month thanks to ebay...:lol:

Ol' Man
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home, And when he grows up, He'll never be able to merge his car onto the freeway.

3. JACKSON

JACKSON New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I haven't bought any gear lately. There are some good deals on all types of fishing gear. There are several E-bay stores that sell cheap. I was debating on several 100 circle hooks in several sizes. One company sells them for 10.50 per 100 thats there buy it now price. Good luck and tight lines

4. StormCaster

StormCaster New Member

State:
    New York
    I rarely buy from Ebay, but do on occasions buy from the surf fishing board hard to fine Abu reels.

5. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    E-bay is a nice place to look for reels and a good price.

6. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Love ebay, on there way too much!!

7. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    You To Jeb? We Got to find out some way to get the little ladies to UP our allowance,it's not like we are wasting it on Wild women and Booze or something like that, Right. J.D.
    :beat_plaster:

8. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Thanks for the heads up. I bought my ABU 6000's on E-Bay as well. I'm sure you will enjoy your purchases!

9. HARVRAD2003

HARVRAD2003 New Member

State:
    ILLINOIS
    Two years ago I bought a New PENN 320 GT2 on ebay for under 60.00 with shipping and a PENN 500M Jigmaster in box and paper work in mint condition for about 45.00 with shipping so ya, you can find some great deals.

10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    funny i stumbled on this thread tonight. i got a green ambassadeaur vxl5000c for $28. thats including shipping.

11. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Thats a nice green Abu.

12. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I've got several reels off of ebay. Alot of the reels are display models with no boxes that have never been used. They're still new and can get them cheap. Now, I've been getting some of the older style reels and have been rebuilding them. I'ts alot of fun, but now am getting more than I can use! Sure fun and cheaper than rebuilding a hot rod!!!!!!

13. stressedcat

stressedcat New Member

State:
    kansas
    I to bought a 6000 on Ebay and it was a real find. It has been very consistent and I would buy more anyday.

Kirk

14. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    I kept getting out bid on the Abu 6500's. One guy out bid me on three of them, and then the sellers emailed me and told me that he didnt pay and asked if I wanted to buy them. But I was able to get a smoking deal on two of them, with rods attached through a member her at the BOC!

But there are some good buys on Ebay. Catfish connection has rebates through the end of this month, I beleive, on new Abus.

15. bigkittyhunter

bigkittyhunter New Member

State:
    illinois
    LOVE EBAY just a few days ago I bought a pinnacle solene brand new for $20

16. whiskerlover

whiskerlover New Member

State:
    St. joseph Missouri
    I have bought quite a few reels and rods from ebay. No problems yet.

17. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I have bought lots of fishing gear off of ebay! In fact I got a couple bids in on some fishin' stuff right now!:smile2:

18. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    I have gotten 20 new ABU 6000 reels off ebay over the last two years all for 35 each. I when i need some I just start every new one that comes on at 35.00 if I win ok if not there will be more. Still have 4 unopened so will be ok for some time as they are hard to beat. I have some that I have used for two years and they still work as good as new.

19. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    J.D., she won't let me carry anything that has zeroes on it...:lol:

Ol' Man
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    According to a recent survey, men say the first thing they notice about a woman are their eyes, and women say the first thing they notice about men is they're a bunch of liars.

20. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    I've bought a few 7000C3's and some Tiger rods on ebay for almost half the price advertised on Catfish Connection or Cabelas. Some new and some in new condition with line on them. There is a trick to bidding on ebay, everyone seems to want to wait until the last minute before the item ends to bid so I just wait until the last 5 seconds then bid the maxium bid that I'm willing to pay for the item, I usually get whatever it is I'm bidding on.