Abu 6000 r and r combo

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by superman, Mar 9, 2007.

1. superman

superman New Member

State:
    DeSoto MO
    i just got back from the local wal mart were they had abu 6000 reels and a 6 and a half foot berkly lightning rod combo for 75 bucks after tax. i bought one and was wondering has anyone fished with one of these rods before and if so could you tell me what you thought of the rod ( i usually use 7 foot mh action ugly sticks ) thanks for any info

2. bowhuntinbubba

bowhuntinbubba New Member

State:
    Illinois
    i bought one a couple years ago. havent had any problems so far with it the gearing on the reel i think you could pull a mack truck with it though. and i think my pole is a mh.

3. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    It's a great combo. I use some lightnening rods for some of the fishing I do, and have no complaints, they're good rods. If you purchased them seperately at Wal Mart, it would have cost you around 90.00! It's a good deal

4. kyjake

kyjake New Member

State:
    kentucky
    The ones I have seen there lately don't have clickers which kept me from getting one
    Jake

5. superman

superman New Member

State:
    DeSoto MO
    your right dan all i use are abu 6000 or 7000 and have pulled up some logs that where huge i am going to try the rod out this afternoon when i get to teach my girlfriend how to cast a bait caster should be hours of fun getting birds nests out thanks for the help guys

6. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    I use the same combo, except I have a 7' berkley lightning. So far it works great I've caught several cats with it, nothing big yet. Biggest 10#.

7. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    i have 2 of these combos.i use mine for carp and have not hade any trouble out of them so far.

8. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    The Abu 6000 and lightning rod is a great combo for the price.