ABU 5000 Series-Any of 'em have clickers?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by festus, Jan 18, 2010.

1. festus

festus New Member

I have never seen the 5000C, or 5500 or 5600, or any of these smaller reels with a baitclicker. Does anyone know if there any made? They would be an excellent catfish reel if it weren't for this.

2. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Yes, some of the older ones I think, Not sure of the particular models..

However, If you end up with some ,, you can put on 6500 sideplates and, that makes for a nice setup.. I've built a few of those, and they work very well esp, w/ braid..

and, somewhere, In the library,, there's a post/thread on converting non-clicker sideplates to clicker..

Maybe some of the other members can give more specific info..

3. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    The old abu 5000D green reel has a clicker , I have a couple but they are getting harder to find.They have them on ebay ever now and then but the collectors grab most of them up.Not sure about others I am pretty sure they made a 5600 model or two that had the newer slide style clickers but I don't have any of them.

4. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    I have a 5500CS pro rocket, with dual casting knobs and a bait clicker. Its black, and chrome with a gold spool. C.C. sells them, but the one they have is all gold. I've had my reel about 10 years now, and it is nice, its one of my favorites. Seems to be my lucky reel, I catch alot of fish with it. Some of your baitshops have a book with all the different abu reels, that they can order for you. You can also google it, they do make them still.

5. festus

festus New Member

Yep, I got a 5000-C that's about 20 years old with no clicker. I just wonder if maybe I can buy the sideplates for a 6500 with the clicker and convert it??

6. festus

festus New Member

I've seen those green ones several years ago but I didn't pay any attention at the time if they had a clicker. I think they may have also made a 4600 in the green, not sure.

7. festus

festus New Member

I like the looks of that, Max. I have a red 5000-C on a BPS Bionic Blade. It's a great setup, just doesn't have a clicker.....Maybe this 5500CS will be in store for the near future, hopefully.

8. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I have a Abu 5000 and 5600 Rocket that I use for bass fishing but they dont have clickers.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  9. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    I have a 5000 with a clicker bought it sometime in the early 60S

Attached Files:

10. festus

festus New Member

That's a good looking reel. And I like the clicker actually on the sideplate instead of the edge.

11. MoHunt

MoHunt Member

State:
    Missouri
    I bought a 5600 C4 (blue) off our 'for sale' ads coupla months ago and it has a bait clicker on the rim, not the side. Never used, just loaded with line. Nice reel; can't wait to try it out.

12. KY_465

KY_465 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    The older 5000 B's in addition to the 5000 D (already mentioned) both have the bait clickers on the side. I'm not sure on the newer models.

13. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS