Abu 5000 parts

Discussion in 'Reel Repair and Upgrades' started by Salmonid, Oct 22, 2006.

1. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Help, over the weekend lost the little reel handle cover plate and need to find a replacement. Its a black plastic cup that goes over the nut used to hold the reel on, it has a little set screw to hold it on there, anyone? anyone?

I could post a picture if needed

Many thanks, Salmonid

2. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    This guy will have it:

http://www.mikesreelrepair.com/

If near a Bass Pro Shop, most have a reel repair department in them, they'll have the part. Almost any reel repair shop will either have the part or can order it. I also believe you can order parts from Abu.

3. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    WWW.Purefishing.com That's the site that handles A-G parts. I've never ordered online, but you can go to the "contact us" link and get the 1-800 number for them. I just had to buy a couple of the exact same parts. I think they were about $3 each for the cap and screw. Helps if you have the exploded parts view that came with the reel so you can give them the P/N, if not you can find it at their website. Great service, I ordered new carbon fiber drag washers for all my reels a while back as well (they're pretty great, by the way) and UPS never delivered. A-G reshipped at no cost. Can't say enough good things about their customer service.

4. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    You got that right Brandon Abu has probably the best customer service out of any company that I have ever dealt with and if ya got broken reels pay the shipping and they will fix for free and if they dont make parts for that model they send ya the model that took its place and half the reels that I sent them they just replaiced it with a new reel

5. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Academy also carries some abu repair parts, that cap included.