ABU 476C ?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by bootshowl, May 9, 2007.

1. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    I know we spend most our time talking big tackle, but sometimes especially in the boat, the lake I'm going to are bass, crappie smaller game fish. I'm getting new tackle & wondered if this wouldn't be a good option for that kind of fishing. I just set up two ABU 6000's on bigger rods, but still want something lighter for such occasions. I've had it over Zebco, and Johnson. Stuff just doesn't hold up well. ABU better across the board? Is the 1076C worth the extra money. Seems to be the same reel with 2 more bearings....BPS sells a combo for a good price & that's part of the reason I'm getting new tackle, most of my combos are the "mart" stuff not matched right. LOL
    :embarassed:

2. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Hi Gary, Yep the 1076 abu is one fine spincaster.I bought one this year to use for casting a plug and some spinners,Love the darn reel,and it's a tough sucker also.Good solid drag,I Think it will do the job for You Sir.We have had over 8 inches of rain this past week here in Iowa and I was down at lake Manawa Monday and was running a plug at a discharge tube that was emptying water of the golf course into the lake and the fish were working that area,Anyway I was useing the abu 1076 and landed a 10# pound Channel cat on the reel. He Hit that Yellow Rooster Tail with a Venegence.Now If You Do Decide to get one of them Bad Boys(ABU1076) Just Send it t Me and I will break it in for You For Free.You Know ,Anything for a Brother Right.LOL Your Friend. J.D.

3. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Thanx John but I'll break er in..LOL. I'm wonna them poor country folk; first reel was a Zebco 202, got it for less than 2 dollars. We thought that's what it meant. Then have wore out a procession of reels always with the $2 thing in my mind, but this summer the two dollar stuff is walking away hopefully to bright eyed youngsters, & I'm getting sit up befitting a fella who looks like he knows what he's about ,even though most the time I'm just guessing! I'll spend the extra $2 & get the 1076 with a matching rod. I must be turning into city folk. Next I'll want a boat that don't leak...LOL.