Abu 4600?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by CJ21, Apr 21, 2007.

1. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I am wondering would the Abu 4600C3 work for throwing small lures? I aint a big fan if spinning reels anymore, since my freeliner spinning reel gave up the ghost. U might can call me a Abu Freck :lol:

2. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    i have several 4600's though they arent c3's. I have no problems throwin 1/8 ounce inline spinners with them after gettin them set. I will say though that i prefer an ultralight spinning rig for the smaller lures.

3. chuck99

chuck99 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I have 3 4600 C3's which I use for bass/stripers/hybrid/crappie. I can throw down to 1/8 oz without a problem. Of course you do not get the distance with 1/8 oz as compared to 3/8, and light lures cast directly into the wind can be an adventure.

4. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Ok thanks guys, I was looking at getting a 4600C3 for throwing plugs and topwater baits.

5. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I love my 4600s! I've got several and throw everything from 1/8 to 1/2oz. Just built one with the magnetic cast control, and it's AWSOME! It throws a 1/4 oz. spoon a mile:cool2:

6. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Ok thanks guys, I am going to use my Abu 5600CL Rocket for throwing topwater plugs and Crankbaits. Since it has a 6:2:1 Gear Ratio.