Abracadabra

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by heyop_erator, May 20, 2009.

1. heyop_erator

heyop_erator New Member

State:
    Kansas
    We bought this boat on the 17th of Jan. this year after catching some big blues over on the Cumberland River. The first thing was to add a box for the battery to sit inside of and the gas tank that was bungee corded down to the back of the transom. The box was a beginning that lasted for months. The boat is about as finished as a boat gets and here are some pictures of the Abracadabra as she came along.

Attached Files:

2. heyop_erator

heyop_erator New Member

State:
    Kansas
    We cut up the extension ladder to make the frame for the box. Gary sat in the only seat facing the back of the boat and braced his feet against the ladder and the whole floor moved. This was not a good start to the new boat in hopes of catching great catfishes.

Attached Files:

3. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    Looks good Teri,where you going?

4. heyop_erator

heyop_erator New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Of course the floor had to come up and now you see what we found. There were no seat plates and some flimsy angles that moved as you walked across the boat floor. The wood chunks were an extra we did not need.

Attached Files:

5. heyop_erator

heyop_erator New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Well Uncle we are going along and the story goes on I only hope I don't bore you.

Attached Files:

6. gdlocal10

gdlocal10 New Member

State:
    kansas
    If Id only known the work involved ...... Id do it again it was a pleasure working with Teri, and sharing ideas, and sacrificing to get things done, and thanks to the BOC members for the encouragement, and Ideas to continue to make it user friendly, and now the finish product is a product of dedication and engineering, and,practicality, that we will share for years to come, thanks to all the members that added information and donations for a complete package, (Gotta Love Home Made Baby)

7. heyop_erator

heyop_erator New Member

State:
    Kansas
    The front deck is now cut out of the boat so we can move the gas tank up there and get rid of the wasted space. The back box is framed in as well as the gas tank domain.

Attached Files:

8. heyop_erator

heyop_erator New Member

State:
    Kansas
    We are keeping every scrap of aluminum since getting back from the store and seeing the prices there. Oh boy are they all proud of their things. Anyway I want carpet and no fishes in the floor so now we must have a baitwell and a livewell if you please. Oh Gary dear...

Attached Files:

9. heyop_erator

heyop_erator New Member

State:
    Kansas
    The foam is for my peace of mind and the floor to snuggle up too.
    (she will not sink, say it again, she will not sink)
    please...so lets get more foam o.k.

Attached Files:

10. heyop_erator

heyop_erator New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Can you all tell this is my first boat ever? Maybe a little? I'm working early mornings and so this will be continued tomorrow but if you lack patience there are two albums on my page,feel free to browse. They are not completed but anyway the project is now to bracing and welding.

Attached Files:

11. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I gotta find me a boat like that to turn into a monster cat tracker! It looks like it will be ready soon, cant wait to see the final pics!

12. 1mickymoo

1mickymoo New Member

State:
    Edgerton, Kansas
    It's lookin great, I knoww its alot of work, I've done it, but it is worth it, huh?

13. heyop_erator

heyop_erator New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Has it been worth it? Oh yes .. We got to the Missouri gathering and fished below the dam on her all last weekend. The big weekend is coming up and we are thinking of the Kansas River and the Missouri is calling but we'll see what the water is doing. The progress continues on the Abracadabra.

Attached Files:

14. heyop_erator

heyop_erator New Member

State:
    Kansas
    The aluminum floor goes in with all stainless countersunk screws and seat plates that will hold. The boat had no lights and pieced together wiring that looked like a fire waiting to happen.

Attached Files:

15. heyop_erator

heyop_erator New Member

State:
    Kansas
    We needed to keep the bait swimming and had to frame for one along with plumbing. There was no plumbing in the boat so all of that needed to be run. The bass and tournament guys on all the pricey boats have pure air with a pretty price tag, so I added an old self priming pump and carbon canister. Did I mentioned the livewell window? I wanted to watch the catch swim around too. The hole was already cut into the aluminum from the original storage deck area we cut out so I wanted it used for my entertainment...

Attached Files:

16. heyop_erator

heyop_erator New Member

State:
    Kansas
    The batteries needed boxes and we needed steps to get on the raised flush deck area.The trolling motor needed 24 or 36 volts and to equal out the weight we descided on 24 volts at least for now. The cables are inside the tray at the base of the deck wall,just in case we descide to add another battery. The wiring is crazy and I believe no one should try this at home,lol...

Attached Files:

17. heyop_erator

heyop_erator New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Where are we now? Oh crying Uncle..almost. The wiring about had me bald and Gary too...hehehe. The deck storage areas needed completed and the livewell too. The internet is so huge but so helpfull to those of us in need,it just took time. I found liquid plastic and what a water tight product. The fiberglass matting for backing and we used the strongest we could get 50 pound and 1/8th inch thick.

Attached Files:

18. heyop_erator

heyop_erator New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Now being a little bit of a weakling or maybe just lazy the need for an electric, please just push the button, anchor winch came along with more wiring but oh boy just got to have it! ! ! The plastic we hope will not crack out as fiberglass epoxy so keep your fingers and toes crossed for us.

Attached Files:

19. heyop_erator

heyop_erator New Member

State:
    Kansas
    It is getting late again and off to work in the AM so this will be all for tonight. The doors go on and the trolling motor with foot petal. Did I tell you about the KC daylighters for running at night? Gary has his eye on a set of two and backup lights off of the transom. I just want lights in the bait and live wells with bubbling air. Of course all of these areas to include overflows just in case.

Attached Files:

20. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Gary and Teri. After seeing it at the Mo. gathering I would like to congrat you again on a fine job. Actually seeing it is better than the pics. They did a fine job folks. Believe me!!