Above or Below the Dam?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by bluecat junkie, Jul 24, 2007.

1. bluecat junkie

bluecat junkie New Member

State:
    missouri
    Is the fishing on the Mississippi River better above or below the Saverton Dam. I am going to be fishing Wednesday and Thursday night and I was wondering if I should be above or below the dam in Saverton. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and good fishing to all.
    Scott

2. MoMudCat

MoMudCat New Member

State:
    Troy,MO
    I've never fished above Saverton, but growing up in Louisiana,Mo I have done a lot of fishing from Saverton to Clarksville. I consider the fishing inbetween to be good. I believe the 1st and 2nd place teams from the Cooks tourny last year were fishing right below Saverton dam.

good luck!

3. haden

haden New Member

State:
    Frankford, MO
    I fish below the dam. I've never fished above. The last 2 sundays we have went out below the dam. They dont seem to start biting until around 2 or 3. The bite seem like it will be good for about an hour and then it just quits. The 1st sunday we was out caught about 6 fish the biggest was about 10lb. We had one on for over 10 min had the hook finally come out. We seen the back end of it come up twice Im pretty sure it was over 30lb. The 2nd sunday we caught around 7 fish we had 2 that were 18lb. I've never heard of anybody fishing above the dam. Im going to try to go out again thursday Im either going to saverton or clarksville. I will be in a 24' seaark with yellow rods give me a shout if you see me out their.
    good luck

4. bluecat junkie

bluecat junkie New Member

State:
    missouri
    Enough said. I'm going below the dam. I will keep an eye out for you. I will be in a 17 foot sea nymph. Good luck fishing and maybe I will see you on the water.
    Thanks.