about international dyneema braid

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by rmokti2005, Nov 30, 2007.

1. rmokti2005

rmokti2005 New Member

State:
    *Required*
    I've recently spooled my spinning reel with a braid called "international dyneema braid" , it's 50lbs and 0.37mm diameter and iot's a flat braid,not a round braid.

Have anyone used it before??
    Any comment?

2. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I've used many types of the braided line and have had many problems. I've used the flat type and didn't like it. I guess I'll stick with my mono.

3. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I am trying braid for the second time. The first time a friend tried it years ago. It was horrible but they since improved on them dramatically. They say the flat type tend to dig in and cause a lot of problems. The one I have is round its Tuff Line Xp im about to order a higher line rating though. Hopefully someone that has knowledge of braid can chime in.

4. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Another flat braid is Fireline.
    I liked the Fireline bass fishing except for the digging in on itself.
    Everything was fine until you caught a fish.
    Be careful on the next cast because its going to be a junk cast just to get the line sorted back out. Its an impending bird nest if you dont tip toe through it.

5. Dadoftwo

Dadoftwo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    The flat braid has a nasty habit of digging into the spool where the round braid does not dig in nearly as bad unless you are using very small weight or diameter. Let us know how it works out for you.