About fed up with the Big Pee Dee

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by Bill in SC, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Big Bird drove down from Monroe today to fish the Pee Dee with me and Chris. He shoulda brought some water with him as the river is about to dry up. Caught one DINK, not worthy of being called a lifter. If not for my knowledge of the river, we would have probably torn up the boat and motor. Left the river and hit lake Wallace. Drifted 2 1/2 hours and caught 4, three fine channels and one other small cat. I think rather than fish several days a week locally with mediocre results, I'm gonna start hitting the Santee and other big bodies of water every other week or so. At least that will give us a chance at landing the trophies we so desire.

Bill in SC

2. SCcatfishing

SCcatfishing New Member

State:
    SC
    Hey Bill,
    To make things a little more cost effective you can come fish Murray/Monty with us almost any weekend you would like. This way you would not have to drag a boat with ya....:big_smile:

3. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    You can fish with me anytime on Wateree!!!!!!!!!:big_smile::cool2:

4. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Thanks, guys! It means a lot knowing I have friends and other options!

Bill in SC

5. Holmes

Holmes New Member

State:
    South Caro
    you got wylie covered too:wink: anytime my friend

6. Pacman

Pacman New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Come on Bill! You don't dump your bride as soon as the honeymoon is over. You have just caught so many cats so regularly, you've become a bit spoiled. If it was easy, and you could catch em every time you go, there would be no challenge and nothing to be happy about when you do catch a nice one. Soon as the water levels come back up, I suggest you kiss and make up with the Pee Dee. She may not be perfect, but thank God the old gal is still there waiting for you.

7. catfish98054

catfish98054 New Member

State:
    hampstead,
    hey bill you might want to check out your coastal waters --the blues are gathering here already --good luck

8. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Yes, Randy, Winyah Bay is in my future as soon as the water cools enough for the crabs to stop being so aggravating.

Bill in SC

9. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Once a riverman always a riverman. I use to feel the same way about Saluda, make 3 trip before i even got a bite, then wam!!30lb striper. I like running water. Don't striper fish anymore, unless i want them for bait:smile2: But i'm still drawn to the river (just not Saluda River)

10. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Those fish are still there, and concentrated more, maybe. Ya just have to have a helicopter to reach them. I just finished repairing the skeg and replacing the prop on our engine from my last trip up that way. :wink:

11. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Bill you are welcome to fish with me on the Pee Dee anytime i still know how to catch them there lol

12. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    You are indeed THE Pee Dee Catmaster, sir! :cool2:

Bill in SC

13. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    It'll be alright Bill. You'll get back on 'em here soon. I was about fed up with catfishing period until I finally got back in the swing of things the past couple days. Just gotta take the good with the bad.