about catching catfish?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by litltman, Jan 22, 2008.

1. litltman

litltman New Member

State:
    ------
    hey. I have taken cats in the summer time with chicken liver. but never have fished for them in the cold weather.I catch crappy in the cold weather.even at the risk of sounding foolish. how do I catch cats in cold weather. what kind of bait. would I still fish little pee de river. and is the water right for cats now. not to sound stupid (I hope) but I havent fished for cats untill this past year.I mostly fish for bream and crappy. I have to admit. I like the way a cat fights. thanks

2. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    From what I've seen it looks like guys in S.C. are still fishing and catching. If you're fishing for channels, I like liver year round. Good Luck~

Branden

3. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    the winter is probably one of the best times to catch catfish in my opinion. try using cutbait like shad or herring. good luck

4. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    I'll 2nd THAT!:wink:

5. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    fun aint it :smile2::smile2:

6. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    I catch cats here in the winter, you can to. Try different baits if they don't hit the chicken liver.

7. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Jason is right try some cut bait.

8. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Just as these other fine anglers have stated, cut bait works well this time of year. Try and use cut bait from baitfishes that are indigenous to the body of water you are fishing. That usually brings the best results.

9. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Catch some fresh shad and use it as cut bait. As long as the water is still liquid and not frozen over the winter time is the best time to catfish in my opinion.