ABerdeen hot water discharge????

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by rogers7, Jan 20, 2009.

1. rogers7

rogers7 Member

State:
    Stanton, KY
    Where does everyone fish the hot water discharge at aberdean???? Do you just fish the little creek coming form the plant to the river...is that the main discharge????

Planing a winter trip for skippies and was wondering were exactly to try my luck at. Thanks for any information.

Chris

2. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    should be good for blues or channels go for it rick welcome to the boc

3. rogers7

rogers7 Member

State:
    Stanton, KY
    Is the feeder creek coming from the plant the hot water???? How accessable from the bank is that area...Looked like a pull off or parking area (according to the images on google earth) just before the power plant. Is that the only access spot????

4. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Hi Chris. Welcome to the BOC. Never fished there myself. But from what I read there seems to be alot of animosity between boat anglers and bank anglers. But good luck and I wish you the best...

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I am not familar with the area, but I can tell you that I will be fishing down that way on Saturday and I will check it out. Once I locate it, I will post it for you. Good luck

6. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    There are 2 access points to the discharge, one being a parking lot on your right, you cant miss it, there is another pull of about a half mile further down than that, that pull off will put you right at the actual discharge "boils", the first parking lot I mentioned you can follow a trail down to the mouth. However there are places to fish all up and down the entire discharge, its always more crowded at the mouth. As far as skippies its hit or miss, I have always had better luck on those at meldahl dam. Most of the fish I see being taken at the discharge are white bass and stripers. I have caught some channels there, but its never produced the fish that one might think it would being a hot water discharge. Good Luck:wink:

7. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Travis, there is going to be a hilljack reunion (me/willie) on saturday down at the Ripley ramp. Where you guys going to be fishing

8. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    That figures man, I have already kind of commited to going around the city...Sure you guys don't want to try a different pool?

9. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    where is the ripley ramp?

10. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    In Ripley!!!LMAO!!!!:smile2::smile2::smile2::wink:

11. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN

I have never been to the ramp myself, but my brother puts in there and he will show me. Riply is so small that it cant' be hard to find!

12. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My experience with aberdeen is this...If the skips are in it's very hard to find a spot to fish, people elbow to elbow..The place has become to popular.

13. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Thats a good point, if the skips are there you better get there at 2am to get a spot.:eek:oooh:

14. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    do you think thats funny???? wait till i get down there... im gona give ya 165 lbs of whoop ass:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::wink: i following Tbull..i put a tracking devise in his boat:wink:

15. brother hilljack

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That might be the safest thing to do.............................. The water will be scary with 2 hilljacks out there at the same time

16. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    Ihope you guys do good Shane:wink: I know i will:smile2:

17. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio

Sorry bro i couldnt resist! What day are you coming down and where are you putting in?

18. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    yes you are sorry:smile2: and i will be comin down an puttin 1 in ur :smile2::smile2: really bro how ya doin...i think im gona go to where the fish are bitting..and that would be ???:confused2: talk to me bro:smile2:

19. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Man I wish I could tell you for sure, but I am putting my money on around Cincinnati. Its usually good for some fish, infact I think I may have went there once and got skunked...Thats some good water up in Ripley to, I just dont know it well up there, catcrazed and his crazy uncle Randy usually do pretty well up there, I am just more comfortable downtown, and with the river being steady I dont plan on getting skunked either. Ohiohilljack has caught some fish up there in Ripley to, may have to hit him up for some intel, but I am gonna stick around the city.:wink:

20. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    i think we are headin down to the racine area...not for sure yet but we always catch good cats this time of year down there, and i need to stock up on bait ne way...good luck to ya