AARGH...Out of Rep Again!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by jeremiad, Jul 24, 2008.

1. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Okay, here's an idea. Put additional reputation packs up for sale. When you run out of rep, you can buy another pack. Money goes to the BOC.

They don't have to be expensive; after all, what are reputation points really worth?! :roll_eyes:

But I really, really need to rep a few more people and I can't wait until tomorrow! :crazy: How about a $1.00 to rep 5 more people beyond my limit. That's twenty cents a person...it just might be worth it!

Just a thought...:tounge_out:

2. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    WOW your very appreciative...

but I don't know... whats the urgency to congradulate people?? besides perhaps too much repuation giving would dilute the significance of getting reputation.

I for one, don't think I would buy reputation power (or rep) for that matter. but just my opinion.
    and maybe doing it would be difficult that would be difficult in the software or tedious for the staff.

3. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    Joel, why are you always out when it gets to me????:confused2::wink::smile2:

4. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Phil,

I'd shoot ya some... but I'm out too! :embarassed:

5. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Phil, it is with deep regret that I must say you have been knocked off the mountain. You are no longer the most active complainer within the ranks of the BOC. Welcome back! :smile2:

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I do remember long,long ,ago,in a far far away cyberspace land of catfish1 there were many more reps available .:cool2::wink:

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    That is an interesting concept, but sounds complicated. The rep limit (my opinion) is there to preserve the QUALITY of the rep. The limit forces us to save reps for post that deserve it.

8. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    And then there are some who do not even know what that feature is. :embarassed:

9. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    lol:smile2:

10. jagdoctor1

jagdoctor1 New Member

State:
    CA/AZ
    You are not out of reps!..... This is my theory, they do not limit the reps given, only the reps recieved. I have recieved the message you must spread the love around before giving it to Mr ABC. I then repped the person below him in the thread and went back and succesfully repped MR ABC! I think it is about who you repped last or how much rep that person has recieved. I can tell you this... on that day it was most surely not because I had repped to many people, hadn't repped anyone all that week!

11. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    There is a REP spread built in, helps to prevent REP rings. This was added when members had concern that high rep members were only repping high rep people.

There are some members, that if they rep you, will knock your REP count up many many MANY thousands.

On the flip side, if they NEG REP you, you will be in the hole for awhile... :embarassed:

12. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Like the Rambling thread? It dont matter none. :smile2:

13. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I think we need to work hard to preserve the status of the rep! I give out my fair share and generally run out, however it is to people who deserve the reps

14. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i agree brother hill.

i try and limit them to a funny as heck one a great spread of fish pics a big hog a awesome meal one cooked up or to share a private thought on a good post.

its 10 per day and you have to give ten others out to hit the same person again.:wink:

i like it. but sometimes i run out. i just make a note on a pad to go back the next day.

and no. im not trolling. just an opinion and how they work.

and for the most part the ones that dont like reps and the new features seem to be the only ones pubicly stating that all the time. i usually dont talk alot about things i dot worry about.:eek:oooh:

15. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Maybe matters not to YOU, but I CARE about the ramblers.

16. gonecatn

gonecatn New Member

State:
    arizona
    PSSST...
    Over here. I got some really good reps man...cheap
    Better than that crap they got over there man
    Guaranteed to get em high quick
    Shhhh, I think I here da man
    better split
    see ya

17. jeremiad

Name:
    Unspecified
    Why, thank you, sir! To be compared with the Phil Washburn in any way, let alone to surpass him at anything...well, I'm flattered! :tounge_out:

I'll go sit in the corner now... :wink:

The BOC is a great place; that's why I care. There are other forums that I have posted in--one where I have posted in the thousands (lost count over the years after all the "resets")--but I post there anymore. Don't suggest. Don't complain. Don't care.

18. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I`m lost here Mike...???? Care to elaborate ?????

19. jeremiad

Name:
    Unspecified
    I can certainly appreciate the limits you imposed. This post was really in jest (although, hey, if the BOC can profit, why not? :wink:

20. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I was commenting on the fact that members in the ramblers thread have the highest rep #'s like its a contest. I have noticed members that started posting there and there #'s went through the roof. Its like a social club that doesnt pay attention to the rest of the BOC. I'm not mentioning names, just stating a fact. I dont have anything against the thread or its posters, I just dont need reps that bad myself. JMHO :big_smile: