AAaaaaaGHHHHH!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Scott Daw, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I just got my new computer delivered today. I've spent all afternoon backing up stuff on my old computer to xfer to the new one. Im up to my eyeballs in cd's. How'd I ever get so much stuff in this pentium 2?

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

The wife backed all of our stuff up onto a external hard drive. I know squat about a cpu so I just take her word that everything made it over. As long as I can get here and a couple of gun sites I am happy

3. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    The way I do it which is easy for me. I take hard drive out of old pc, change jumper to slave, install in new PC as slave drive. Boot up, both drives come up and copy files I need from old to new drive. Then reverse process and re install old Drive back to old PC. That can void warrenty if you got a name brand and break seal on back. In that case, PC to PC connection is all you need but you got to have cables and know how to get r done.

I had to by new hard drive this year. Old one went bad. Lot of bad Clusters. I still manage to slave it to new drive and get most of my stuff off the partition drive part of it.

I always go with no name putters from my putter shop. I just like em better for working on my own stuff. But brand names are getting cheap to buy. I might get one next time. LOL

4. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    I back-up all of my files & folders to a "Portable External Hare Drive".

Me - Myself, I don't know to much about Computers - but the External Hard Drive that I have is a "Seagate / 100mb Hard Drive", but most important to me is that it is very easy to use, you can take it anywhere you go (because it's small) & it's "100 mb", so it will hold all of the files & folders you have!

If I could use it - anyone can! LoL:happy:
    :0a26:

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shaina:0010:

:worship: :0a23:
    Bert & Phil

5. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I forgot to add to my above post.
    Its good to back up everything . I burn my back ups on CD's.
    They hold more and I have a CD burner. The RW cd's cost more but can be used over and over.
    If you burn on cd-r kind and dont fill it up first time. Dont close out cd and you can add files later. What Bert has , works good too. I would need more than a 100MB , more like a 100g. LOL.

Well got a go, Son on phone saying something bout his baby might be ready to come into the world. New grand Son :smile2:

6. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I got a 300 gig external and backed my desktop up on it.

7. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :embarrassed_2:

"See" - I told you that I didn't know to much about Computers:
    I have a 100GB Portable External Hard Drive - "Not" a 100MB.

What can I say :surrender: LoL:happy:
    (Sorry about that :roll_eyes: )

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shaina:0010:

:worship: :0a23:
    Bert & Phil

8. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    External hard drive is definently the way to go. I use the Seagate 120 gig.
    * I got it at Office max on clearance for under $100.00.

Good luck with the new PC..