A Wichita Pond

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by kansas_catman_16, Mar 1, 2009.

1. kansas_catman_16

kansas_catman_16 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    went out fishing the other day when it was pretty warm to a pond i frequent for bass and crappie on woodlawn here in wichita. i thought id try for some catfish with stinkbait while i tried the bass about 5 mins passed i looked over and ma rod was doubled over and the drag was singing :crazy: i was surprised i thought it was a wiper since the pond is deep enough to support em and ive caught them befor on stink bait there when i got the fish to the bank it was a 12lb channel cat:roll_eyes: so i stopped fishing for bass and went for the cats within 2hrs i had caught 6 channels all over 8lbs and 2 flats that were i would guess 15lbs a piece and i lost a few more :smile2: thats was the best day of cats ive had since the arkansas river in 2007 when it was at 13ft :smile2: and wat a kick off to the yr i only kept two channels all the others i let go because they where females and already started to look like they had eggs in em.........keep this between us BOC brothers dnt want anyone takin ma fishing spot lol:wink::cool2:

2. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    Wow thats a good way to start the year,congrats.

3. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    Congrats on a good way to start the new year:smile2::wink::cool2:

You didn't get any pics did you??

4. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    What a day Joe..Cograts where are the picture's.....maybe you need to invite all us down there someday:wink::wink:

5. Dead Red Rick

Dead Red Rick New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Great day Joe Congrats

6. kansas_catman_16

kansas_catman_16 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    :smile2: sure u al should come but i'll have to blindfold u so u dnt give away ma spot:wink: