A whole lotta water!

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by Nobody Special, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    Cumberland River has come up 12 feet at Clarksville in the past two days. Plenty of current too.

2. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    Good grief grumpy, that is more than a lot of water. Hope you have your boat gassed up and batteries charged.

3. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Yea I know what you are saying Grumpy. I went across the collins and rocky and caney the other day .
    The boat docs were on the ground and now it is above flood level.

That was a bunch of rain that came thru here. I am sure it will help the spring spawn though.
    Have you noticed we are getting our spring rains early this year.

4. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Or could it be our summer and fall rain late?

5. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    This higher water we have now,is that good for fishing cats, I am going to get out soon but I don't really know much about catfishing. I thought I would try some of the creek openings. Should I consider going up into the creeks with this high water? One of these days I'm going to replace this 7 pound fish picture.

Danny

6. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    I was down on Ky Lake a few years ago and we had a lot of rains and high water. I think it was in March. I was bass fishing in the back of Ginger Bay and caught a pretty good catfish on a spinnerbait. I had a package of cheap weenies I had brought for the dog's lunch and got an idea to put out a few limb lines. I baited up about 25 limb lines with the hot dogs and spent the rest of the day baiting and taking off fish. I had around 45 nice cats from 2 to 6 pounds before the day was over.

I have done a lot of limblining in my time but have never seen them bite that good during daylight hours.

7. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    The Tn is also high, but Starting to fall.
    So I hope the water will get the fish in a feeding mood. And make for a great Fish & Camp next month.
    Pete

8. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    Fishman , the higher water is good for catfishing. It stirs everything up, bait and what not. So the cats should be on the prow.

9. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Mark: Thanks for the tip. I am taking care of mom as she got home friday from the hospital and a knee replacement. I have no idea how long until she can get around by herself but I am ready to fish whenever that is.
    Danny

10. Matt Smith

Matt Smith New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Fish the creeks. Warmer water is better, but anytime after a good rain, the fish will bite!

I'll be out there as soon as the wind dies back down.

11. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Matt: I'll give them a try.