A what if question

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by JReed, Jan 31, 2006.

1. JReed

JReed New Member

State:
    Lima, Ohio
    Here is a what if this happened to you.

Your out fishing the shore for some kitties and have a few on the stringer. It's a nice (day or night ) to be out fishing. Then about 5 or 6 people are walking down the path toward you. Finally they arrive , and you find out they are pita when they start giving you crap about the bait you are using.

What do ya do?

2. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    Fling stink bait at them:evil-big:

3. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    get on the cell phone and call the law. in indiana it is ilegal to harass sportsmen. then again they are peta idiots so toss them in the river,and they will float away. (just like the pieces they are lol)

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Like RAMBO said. They drew first blood. LOL! In other words they opened the door so I'm comein in.

How about this. Apologize for bein so stupid and offer them somethin to eat or drink. YEA RITE! LOL!

5. Fry Guy

Fry Guy New Member

State:
    Warrensburg Missouri
    Ask them to help finish cleaning your fish while there still alive or show them the puppies and kittens you're using for bait:evil-big: Just kidding. I'd probably have to agree with river scum on this one. "Accidently" spill youre stinkbait on them. Hopefully I'll never have to deal with that one though.

6. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    Look at them real serious and say , For $200 bucks Ill pack up and go home right now.....Not going to do it ?
    Id say something like this ,I get very few nights that I can go fishing with my family and your about to ruin it for them !, Now get outta here before I turn my 10 yr old son loose on ya!:cursing: Of course this might not work for just anybody ,,but Ill be willing to bet it would for alot of us here lol
    Fish on Brothers Fish on!

7. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    $200 Bro your cheap :) I would say at least $1000 that way I can go buy another rig and fish down the shore :p . Then if they reapproach I would up it too $5000 and cut up my bait in front of them.

8. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    Is there a limit on them?:craf-big:

9. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    i would just laugh it off then throw them in the river

10. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Be nice to them, invite them to dinner, but don't ever argue with an idiot because he'll just drag you down to his level.

11. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    It would be my understanding that if you were eating them, then Peta would not be as hateful to you as the fact that they saw you catch and release them. Either way, Im sure they would want you to quickly dispose of the fish before you put it on the stringer.

My trout background has seen many of the Peta attacks as they are mostly CNR guys. If my memory serves me right, I believe about 30 states have laws against "harrassment towards hunters and anglers"

When it happens, give us the good details about how you handled it:rolleyes:

Salmonid

12. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    i have had some hecklers bother me while fishing but its never been someone from Peta just some guys trying to kick me out of my spot after they have seen me catch fish, the stillwater is real bad for that, especially around dams

13. Mountain Cur

Mountain Cur New Member

State:
    Missouri, Warsaw
    In Missouri it is a "felony" to harrass or obstruct anyone in the legal pursuit of "any game animal." Call the law, they won't like the out come. I keep telling myself I'm going to lookup the law so I can at least give them some legal advise before I throw them in the lake. Then again "Grandma" might do it before I can tell them.

14. Coloman

Coloman New Member

State:
    Soddy Daisy, Tn
    If you have a good lawyer you could sue them for harassment for millions of dollars and put them out of business!!!!!!

15. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Chances are they arent PETA- theyre just someone with a need for attention who thinks they will fit in if they act out a part. Point out that a fish that catches his own bait, isnt usually as skilled at holding a knife- that the helpless bait is usually torn to shreds or eaten whole. Then pose this question: Would you rather die at the hand of a skilled exocutioner, in an acid bath, or just smothered? Thats the option that a bait fish has. Drown in gut acids, bleed out being eaten alive, or get the quick end of a knife.

Tell them fruits to go watch national geographic and get off your case.

16. 1stpalindrone

1stpalindrone New Member

State:
    Denton, Texas
    Whoa.. That happend just the other day down by the h20's edge. The peta patrol came down right as my buddy was clubbin a good size pan fryin kitty right in the head so's he could cook us up a snack. Seein how we'd been fishin so hard I didnt have the strength to club mine so I pulled out my ice pick and set my cat next to the rock with the cut up perch and misc. once live baits and stuck him right in the head. As he was givin his last quivers I heard my line strippin off with another victim Blue. As I almost kicked over my buds freshly fryin slabs o cat, and then almost slipped on his fishes remains lyin there on the ground still I noticed the peta gang off to the side headin back the way they came green in their faces. I just smiled at Bubba as I grabbed my bent over rod and said.... <insert here>

17. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I really don't think that Peta people are that brave to walk up to a person now a days. Since most of us carry and could become all bad very quickly.

18. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    If your like me and don't carry a cell phone,calling the law is not an option. I would tell them as nice as I could to get bent as I pulled out my hatchet,knife or gun witch ever is closest to me. I however wouldn't go after them,it's best to let the @ss holes make the first move that way it's self defense.

In a lot of places such as state parks it's illegal to carry a gun "firearm" even if you have a permit. I tried to find a way around this law and guess what?,I found one. I now carry a high powered 22cal.CO2 pellet pistol in my tackle box. With a six shot clip and reload time of just a few seconds I no longer worry about not being able to carry a firearm. In the right hands a H.P. pellet pistol can be deadly. I think it's a good thing to keep one in the tackle box at all times.

19. rodpod

rodpod New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    I would unzip my pants and pull out my peta, and tell them i got their bait. Id follow with a few expletive deletives.

20. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It would not happen to me since they would never catch me with a catfish on a stringer;)