A Whale of a tale.

Discussion in 'ALL OTHER FISH' started by peewee williams, Jun 4, 2006.

1. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    First.This is a tale about as large a fish as you can catch.That is if you allow the term "fish" to be used for this critter.The only other threads that I could think to put it under would be Trapping or Big Game hunting.My youngest son,rip,roaring man of the world,fresh out of high school decided to bless the providence of Nova Scotia with his presence.Seems that these poor folk did not have a died in the wool,hard core,Red Necked Georgia Cracker to fish for Lobster and Cod or to seine for Herring with.Being the hard working,kind hearted man that he now was,he remedied that.While working on a Herring Seiner,he learned that they often caught Whales along with the schools of Herring in the huge seines.They would pull these Whales up to the boat as they pursed the net.The Whales just lay there calmly on the surface while the fishermen pump out the Herring.It seems that the Whales are used to this,as they are released afterward.It seems that the seiner that my son was on captured a large Blue Whale in this manner.Hard core Red Necked Fisherman that he was,this was quite catch.Yep!Ain;t nobody back in Georgia gonna believe that he caught a whale.Not just any Whale,but the biggest kind of Whale.A Blue Whale.He decided to inspect the catch.He talked one of those poor old dumb Canadian fishermen into inspecting the catch with him.This type of inspection was sort of new to them.They didn,t walk out on and check out a Whale while it was along side the boat.They normally did all their looking from the boat.Seems that the Whale cooperated and everything went fine as they walked around on and checked out their catch.That is,until they got to the Whales blow hole.Even then the Whale was nice and cooperative.Then the dummies decided that they were going to look down the blow hole.They had even brought a flashlight along.Seems that the blow hole was closed.They probed with the handle end of a gaff.Mistake!Great big mistake!They got to witness a very rare thing.A Whale sneeze!Thare She Blows with those two bent over looking down the blow hole!Blew them back and blew the hats off their heads.That was the good part.The bad part was they found out that the mist you see is not water.It is mucus,snot of about the same consistency and properties of slime on a EEL.They stood there looking at each other with there hair blown and stuck in a straight up position.They also found out that like Eel slime,it don;t wash out very easy.Never ever let a Georgia Red Neck talk you into looking down a Whales blow hole,while he makes it sneeze!That boy will not soon be forgotten in Nova Scotia among the fishermen.I still think his Momma dropped him on his head.Also.Before you ask.Yes,I believe it to be true.peewee-williams

2. Spongiform

Spongiform New Member

State:
    Virginia
    That's a great story! :D

~
    Sponge

3. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    sounds like a tale for tha grandkiddies someday.

4. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    My imagination is too vivid... can't stop laughing... great story.

5. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Great tale of the whale, peewee, got a good laugh out of that one.

6. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Peewee, Thanks for the story, I know it's hard for you to type that much. I think that story falls into that category 'truth is stranger than fiction'. Rep coming your way.

ST

7. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I enjoyed that on peewee, my peke snots me a lot but I sure wouldn't want to be whale snotted.:big_smile:

8. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Bet they will not be doing that again....LOL

9. LarryS

LarryS New Member

State:
    Clinton,Il
    That is some funny stuff right there.

10. peewee williams

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Gator.That would be a bad thing to bet on.You don;t know this boy.He is a slow learner.The best thing that he has going for him is that Whales are sort of hard for him to catch,now that he is back in Georgia.Like I said."I think his momma must of dropped him on his head when he was a baby".peewee-williams

11. nightCaster

nightCaster New Member

State:
    ohio
    not only was it a great story, now all of us that have read it can benefit from the knowledge. note to self, dont look down a whales blowhole LOL

12. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    That's too funny! :big_smile:

13. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Does he still wonder what is down there? good thing it didn't blow a 5lb booger out. they might have got hurt.

14. peewee williams

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I am sort of worried about that boy.He is back up there in Nova Scotia on vacation.I asked my daughter in law not to let him take the grandson along to give a dental inspection to a Sperm Whale.I figure that is his next move.I hope the locals haven;t deported him yet.That boy had his shirt off one day when he was 18.I noticed multiple BRUISES going up his back,over his shoulders,clear to his neck and on both cheeks.Looked to be the perfect imprints of a large Gators tail.A Gator has got to get sideways while you are straddling it to get you like that with its tail.I figured I came close to never having any grandchildren.The same thought probably gave him the strength to hold on.Yes sir! Letting a Gator get his mouth loose between your legs,is very detrimental to reproduction.That boy wore that unique design for days.It turned different colors and gradually faded away.I have a lot of reasons for believing that his momma dropped him on his head.peewee-williams

15. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    WOW!! I hope that he doesn't want to check out where a whale fart comes from! YIKES!!!

Aaron

TA2D

16. peewee williams

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I sure hope he don;t find one floating on his back! peewee-williams