A warning - computer bug

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by dallas, Feb 11, 2008.

1. dallas

dallas New Member

State:
    Jackson,Georgia
    was surfing around the internet doing a search for boats, and clicked on what was supposed to be a manufactures website but alas I was tricked and ended up with a bug in my computer that has made me wipe out my hard drive and start over. The smart@#$ that do this should be strung up and used for catfish bait. spent my entire weekend trying to clear it up.
    Be warned when you search you know what you click on. Anti-virus and spyware detectors did NOT pick it!
    BTW it was a search for Legend boats.
    dsc(keep on fishing)

2. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Dallas thanks for the heads up.Sorry for your misfortune.

3. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Dallas Thank's for the Heads Up.Sorry for Your Misfortune.J.D.

4. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Thaks Dallas-man me an the women have had it out over her net capades...two puters in three years cause of viruses and what not,I come here and e-mail she is all over and swears its me:angry:

5. Goofy

Goofy Member

State:
    Moline, Illinois
    Sincerely sorry about your virus. Agree that they would be catfish bait. Maybe contact Legend boats. They need to know also???

6. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    this is why i dont download music anymore. I got tired of all the trojan horse viruses and spyware stuff trying to hijack my computer. Its such a pain in the caboose when you have to redo everything on your comp.

7. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Dallas, sorry about all the trouble that nasty virus caused but thanks for the info.

Would like to know which browser and ant-virus you use?

8. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Thanks for the heads up.
    I don't worry about them things any more. My norton 360 takes pretty good care of me.

9. JoshFisher

JoshFisher New Member

State:
    Tinker AFB, Oklahoma
    thx for the info, srry bout ur comp...

10. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Thanks for the heads up!

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Dallas Thanks for the valuable information. Appreciated.

12. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Thanks for the heads up and sorry you had to be the fall guy. rspd507

13. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Last time I had a virus hit my puter,I was told it actually had 5 virues and they were all attacking each other.I have no knowledge on how to repair a computer so I have to take it in and have it fixed. In North Platte Nebraska my previous residence it cost us $700.00 to repair. When we moved back to Missouri I noticed it was running slower and slower. I finally told them to just rebuild my tower. That was $500.00. I have 2 teen girls and of corse they love their music. Daddy said they were allowed $5.00/month to down load music for their MP3 player. My oldest daughter complains constantly that the computer freezes up on her. I always notice when it does she usually has her music going while looking at shopping sites.She loves looking at clothes and shoes and purses. Anyone out there who reads this what is causing it to ffreeze up? TdawgNok installed a high profile security system on it. I believe he said it was the same kind that businesses use to prevent problems. Also am wondering if I switched from a DSL through my Cable TV and went to Wireless if that speeds things up?:0a21::0a36::0a31:~~~~Sister Pat

14. dallas

dallas New Member

State:
    Jackson,Georgia
    for your concern, luck has it I don't keep any banking or such on that computer, my wife keeps it on her's, and I have a spare Linux box on the side for times like this, I do make back-ups of important stuff like catfish pictures and the kids and some letters.
    But those of you even with virus scanners and spybot and what-not, I had all that running and it bypassed it all.
    I would try to let Legend know but afraid to try the website in case THEY were hacked.
    Fish on
    :embarassed:

15. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Thanks for the heads up Dallas maybe one day that willbe a thing of the past

16. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    Sorry to hear of your bug. Thanks for the heads up.
    There are people out there that likes to make virues, trojon horses,all kinds of things that will mess up someones computer." Like that movie Hackers" I had heard one time if you surfed the internet with a new computer with no ant-viruse on it would lock up in about 15 minutes.