A Veterans Day Thank You And Favor

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by bigblaze, Nov 10, 2006.

1. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    I would like to thank all the men and woman who have served in the military to make this world we live in a safer place.

In these trying times it is a shame that it takes an act of terrorisim to unite the country.

As I drive around here in North Carolina you would think tomorrow is just another day...the Flags which could be found on all the front porch's of America after 9-11 have disappeared and the patriosim has vanished.

I have and will always proudly fly the flag tomorrow and I ask all my fellow BOC brothers and sisters a favor....If you have not done it... go to the store and buy a flag and fly it proudly....I know I will.

Thank you for this consideration...Remember...
    ALL GAVE SOME...SOME GAVE ALL!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!

2. pursuing_cats

pursuing_cats New Member

State:
    Clarksville,Tennessee
    I am a retired Army veteran of 21 years and I am proud of all the men amd women in uniform. Although I just recently retired, my heart is still in the Army. I am so proud of all the soldiers, sailors, marines, coast guard and airmen who keep this country safe for us. On behalf of myself and my family I salute you all. May you have a wonderful veterans day. Remember, this day is for you!!!!!!!!

3. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
    Good post. Thanks for the reminder John.

4. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    A great big THANKS to all of our military past and presen you all all hero's in my book

5. Darrell

Darrell New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Veterans day is an awesome event. Worthy of everyone's accomplishments throughout the year. If you are a Veteran or not, you should be proud of your have accomplishments under the flag of freedom.

Congratulations to the United States of America!

MAJ Darrell Duzan

Hey Amy....you gonna fly your flag today? If so, take a picture for me!

6. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    First I want to thank all the Veterans on the BOC. And I know we have a lot of themWho are members. I myself never got the oppertunity to serve our great country butI have a brother who served 20 years in the Army protecting my freedom and I really do Appericate it.So again all of the BOC Vets Past and Present I thank you with all my heart . And yes I Fly my Flag everyday.GOD BLESS AMERICA and it's GREAT VETERANS.

7. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    John, thanks for starting the thread.

I want to thank all Veterans and all the fine people that is serving today.

I was only in the service for four years but I know those four years had a positive effect on my life.

My flag is flying today as it is most days.

8. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I want to say thank you to all those who keep our country safe and free.
    Also there is not a day that goes by that my flag won't fly.

9. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

You're a Grand Old Flag

You're a grand old flag, you're a high-flying flag
    And forever, in peace, may you wave....
    You're the emblem of, the land I love;
    The home of, the free and, the brave!
    Every heart beats true under red, white, and blue
    And there's never a boast or brag....
    But should old acquaintance be forgot,
    Keep your eye on, that grand old flag!!!

Nothing like flying the banner that stands for the land of the free and the home of the brave! Old Glory is still shining on!

Thank you American veterans, and also those currently serving our country. Let us never forget.