a trip to Lake Marion 2/9/08

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by iceman, Feb 1, 2008.

1. iceman

iceman New Member

State:
    Walterboro S.C
    planning a trip to marion on the 9th and was wondering which landing would be better to put in. canal lakes or hills? I plan on fishing the spillway up from harrys and in the woods in that area. any comments or suggestions would be apprecated. Y'ALL ALWAYS COME THRU FOR ME!! thanks

GARY:big_smile:

2. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Gary canal lakes hands down. I think you can only put smaller boats and jon boats in at hills.

3. iceman

iceman New Member

State:
    Walterboro S.C
    thanks for the info James:big_smile:

GARY

4. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    I usally go to rocky point camp ground and rent a fish cabin. I like the boat ramp there.

5. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I agree, Canal Lakes Fish Camp. They should have bait too. 843-753-2271. Canal Lakes

6. BUCK

BUCK Guest

If you put in at canaql lake becareful when it drops off it drops off.

7. fishwillie1

fishwillie1 New Member

State:
    Pamplico S.C.
    Canal lakes is the best on that side of the lake but on the manning side randolphs is better

8. fishwillie1

fishwillie1 New Member

State:
    Pamplico S.C.
    Randolphs also has some pretty good live bait. I was over there last saturday.:wink:

9. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I put in at canal lakes with no problem today. They do not have bait but ned has small blueback herring for $7.00 a dozen.

10. fishwillie1

fishwillie1 New Member

State:
    Pamplico S.C.
    If weather permits hopefully me and one of my fishing buddies are going on monday. I'm thinking about going to randolphs and trying to drift a while and mabey fishing on the bottom some. Any ideas on which one ya'll think would produce more fish I would welcome the help.

11. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Will it is some tough driftin in the upper lake unless you stay in wyboo or some of the other big creeks. There were alot of guide boats out in front of the spillway and in little river today. All appeared to be anchoring and from what I heard on the radio the all averaged around 12 fish.

12. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Took a ride to check out area above I95 today and it looks like there wont be any fishing this spring in the cypress swamp.......its all bone dry. The area out in front of the State Park is also very low but we did see a couple of small boats put in at the lower ramp in the State Park. Poplar Creek ramps are dry but they are using the down time to extend their ramp. Did manage to spend about 100 bucks at the local Santee tackle shops on stuff ya just cant do without.......weights, line ,floats , circle hooks, new and improved rubberized dip net......list goes on and on

13. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Ken the fish will still be up there just in a little different area. I think you will see a better catch rate up there his year with the lower water. I bet if you could get up there in that river in the next month you can load up on them. I might slide down that way in about a month to give them a try.