A Tournament question

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Gator, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    I just got an email here about a flathead torment they want to do labor day weekend 2006 here in Georgia on the Altamaha river. Do any of you think ya’ll would like to fish this if they get it off the ground. It is going to be a local thing that the Altamaha river committee is trying to set up and get off the ground to promote the Altamaha River. What do ya’ll think?

2. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Hey gator sorry but the ACATS classic is on sardis lake in O.K that weekend or i would help out and maybe fish.

3. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Tim this is something they are trying to put together to boost the local economy here for the tourism side of the house by the County Commissioners office. They are testing the waters to see if they can get people who would be interested in fishing and such. They have not gotten down to locking everything in but are talking over $5,000 in prize monies and strictly rod and reel with more if the state record is broken, and talking upwards of $50,000 if there is one a 100+ on rod and reel. So I am just looking to see if there are any one out there would be interested in fishing in it or what ya’ll though about it in general.

4. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Jim,
    will they release the fish after the tournament? I only ask because there has been some talk about how unhappy some people are about how the flatheads have spread in the last few years and depleted the panfish stocks and I could be wrong but I think I read somewhere that the local authorities were asking people to keep any flatheads they caught. thanks...W

5. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    I am not sure on that as the Flatheads are what make that river so well known I will find out however and let you know.

6. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    dang, I read the title and I thought that something was tormenting you Jim. Nice to know it is only about a tournament.

7. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Yep Tony but make you stop and think...

8. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    that it did Jim,

That it did.

9. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    Tony, I thought Jim was gonna make a post about me,when I saw the title of this one!
    ROFLOL
    :p to you jim.

10. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Gator the King Kat folks tell me they base their tournament sites on locations that are willing to sponsor the event.Seems a qualifier in that neck of the woods on a river famous for its flats would be an acceptable site.Have them go to the KingKat website and talk to the tournament director.

11. capt.kirk

capt.kirk Guest

GATOR
    please e.mail me all the details that you know have,then keep me up to
    date on how it is progressing.
    THANKS
    KIRK :D

12. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Iwill let ya'll know as i find out now who change the name of my threat I did that just to mess with some heads... LOL