A tough boat

Discussion in 'Boating' started by Ictalurus Punctatus, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    http://www.toughboats.com/

I thought this was pretty funny. Anyone have ones of these boats? Obviously, this particular instance is the product of a vivid imagination coupled with a clever maketing campaign, but how tough are they really?

Jon

2. Deuce

Deuce New Member

State:
    ohio
    Haha Those videos are pretty good :smile2:

3. Barry Nelson

Barry Nelson New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    LOL LOL LOL now that was funny

4. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Good stuff! I hadn't seen that one. I saw one where a guy pulled that boat behind his truck from the dealership (with the dealer) to the lake without a trailer. when they got there he just did a doughnut and launched it, it floated and looked perfect, he just looked at the dealer and said 'i'll take it'. I thought that one was pretty good too.

thanks for sharing!!!

5. Goofy

Goofy Member

State:
    Moline, Illinois
    That was great! Thanks!

6. catrod

catrod New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    The name of these boats used to be Logic and are made around Durham N.C. The old ads showed hitting them with an 8lb. sledge hammer and it would just bounce off. Another ad had them putting a deep gash in the hull and repairing it with a propane torch, and it worked, them plastic boats are amazing! I used to work with a guy who had the 19' bay boat, I checked it out and I liked it. Never have to worry about maintenance beyond a regular wash now and then.

7. dirt138

dirt138 New Member

State:
    Springdale, Pennsylvania
    If you read the FAQs on the site they say that there were no tricks or special effects involved in the making of any of those comercials. Apparently they really did that to the boat.

8. Big Cat Hunter

Big Cat Hunter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Now thats one tough boat!!!!!! Thanks for sharing Jon. :big_smile:

9. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I am happy to say that I own the 21ft Logic/Triumph.I knew those videos were real and they used to bring the boat to boat shows and let you hit them with a sledge.I hit a stump at Santee one night back when the water was down like it is now.I was just going idle speed and hit the stump with the through hull water pickup for the baitwell.That pickup is covered with a bronze plate that protects it.When we pulled the boat out the plate was smashed flat,BUT there was not a mark on the hull.If it had been fiberglass the hull would have been shattered and splintered.Put new plate on and was good to go.Another great advantage of the Roplene hull is it is lighter than fiberglass giving you more speed for equivalent engine size,never fades or loses color,and the boat is cast in one piece so hull and deck are all the same Not glued together like fiberglass boats.If you get a chance look at the 21ft as it has more room than any other 21 ft CC I have ever seen,because all the storage is built into the floor including a GIANT compartment up front that I had plumbed with a pump so it became the best live well I have ever seen,not to mention it can be filled and I can sit in it on those hot days and cool off without having to worry about those Santee gators.:big_smile::wink:

10. NascarBuckeye

NascarBuckeye New Member

State:
    Grove City, Oh
    Very good stuff!

Test #5 The Bubba Test was my favorite lol