A Tip 'O the hat

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Phil Washburn, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i want to thank a couple of peeps, and i would like to see some replies from others about who they appreciate:big_smile:

my latest thanks is to Mark J for deleting a post i didn't research...it contained some material that was simply not acceptable for this board. thank you, Mark.

so many good guys here..more to come

don't let this thread die..it doesn't have to be about BOC folks. we all have people that have helped us ...............my paternal granny showed me what fried chicken was supposed to be. i didn't cook for 30 years after her death, but i can now cook fried chicken. thank you granma.

my exwife showed me how not to do a marriage...my 2nd wife thanks you, 1st:smile2:

2. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I want to say that I appreciate Kat-tamer because after a long day at work, surrounded by my bosses bosses who wanted to talk, ask unanswerable questions, and basically get in my way all day, resulting in me staying 2 hours late...anyways, she cooked supper. Great steaks babe.

I appreciate John for starting conversations that make me realize that I really am as dumb as I look, and feel. Hats off to you good buddy.

AND whoever deletes my posts because I rarely bother myself with whether or not they are accurate, or appropriate.:wink::smile2: At least somebody is paying attention.

3. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    excellent post, Matt....that's what i'm talking about!:big_smile:

and i hope this thread wasn't too negative :(

4. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Well I thank each and every one on this board for even interacting with me.
    I thank my wife of 39 years for allowing me to enjoy my pastime of fishing and tinkering. By the way, she loves to camp and fish to.

I thank the mods on here whom seem to never get in the way but still control it with respect and dignity. My hats off to you all.
    I have good close friends on here and some that I have yet to meet.
    There isn't much I wouldn't do for any one of you.
    Thanks Phil for doing the unexpected and being the type of person you are and one of these days I am going to make sure we meet for a good day doing something.

5. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    We have a well balanced forum of give and take on the board. Its easy taking in all the great info on this site. But in return we have numerous members who give back, by submiting articles of their ideas and resourcefulness to the members library, helping new members with posting pictures and profile avatars, the boat and equipment doctors that give free advice,knowledge and experience to help you get it fixed. And simply just participating in this great community.

A BIG PAT ON THE BACK FOR EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU.

I would also like to tip my hat to the gatekeeper who keeps all the cancer out.

6. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I have come back to this thread 3 times to write something into the Great Ledger Book. I start, then get stymied and then back out.

I have been on this forum since April. I enjoy fishing and have been outdoors all my life. Some things have gone on in my life to change it from me being physically active to try and be as physically active as my conditions allow. It is a whole different block of wax now, because for the first time in 62 years I am bored and feel a little less than useless. Those places were fine. I didn't participate just hung around. Kind of like Porboy told me the first day I was here.

I joined here and began to participate and have enjoyed it ever since. The powers that be on here fascinate me. At times I don't know whether they are all blood related or just out for blood. I have had minimal contact with them. Every contact has been gracious thoughtful and honest. They are the gatekeepers and follow a set of rules. I don't think it is by accident that the owner, who is military would not want the people that oversee the place to not function like a cohesive "unit". I have left some tracks in front of their path. So far not deep enough to warrant them getting out the long knives and cutting my Achilles tendons. It might happen some day, not by intention but because it is just who I am. I got where I am in 62 years by being who and what I am and an old dog may be shot but you can't make him change. If I deserve it they will get me.

My "Tip O The Hat" is for the members. Not just the ones I interact with but all of them. I post in only a few places, but I will generally read most posts that interest me. I am a people person. Not an interacter with people but a people watcher. I have very few friends, if any and that is the way I want it. The people I have seen here are what I consider a dying breed. Similar to what I grew up with a long time ago. Honest straight forward salt of the earth types of folks. There are none I don't dislike. Like all folks there are some we might relate to better than others. So I'll quit there. My hat is off to the members, all of them "The Long and the Short and the Tall".

John.

7. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    What a great Idea Phil!!Some would say it the first you have had:big_smile::smile2::wink:SOOOOOOO I want to thank those of you that always agree with me:smile2:,and to H--l with the rest of you!!!!!!HAHAHAHAHA:tounge_out:Actually that takes care of one person but I'm not sure who it is!!!!!I want to thank Phil for being the counterpoint to LilyJoe,and for not giving up hopes of a Nat title after the Sooners early loss.:smile2:The fat lady hasnt sung yet Phil!!!!.I particularly want to thank Bryan Schrum AKA WHISTLER who has always been a patient voice of moderation and reason. and seems to be able to calm the most contested threads.Thanks Bryan, and special thanks to two of the BOC sisters, Catgirl and Cheryl,they seem to appreciate my sense of humor and have become really good buddies.It always makes my day to hear from them and finally to AMY,SORRY the ROCKIES didnt make it but just wait til NEXT year!!!!!!A huge thanks to all the BOC members that have supported our troops at war which is particularly meaningful to me as the father of a soldier in Iraq,Cant put it in words what your support has meant.:smile2::big_smile:

8. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR

Suck-up #1 wants to thank suck-up #2. I agree wholeheartedly. Johnny

9. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    You're right on target, Johnny. I think we had better break up this group hug and go fishing! :eek:oooh::smile2:

10. Ketch

Ketch New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Well, I haven't been in here for nearly as long as some of you, but somehow, everyone has always made me feel welcome and even appreciated.

A tip o' the hat to the whole forum, for welcoming newbies and making them feel right at home. Also, one goes out for all the mods for helping keep me in line...:wink: Lord knows that's a task in itself.

Also, let me tip my hat to you Phil, for starting a sincere thread like this, it almost makes up for your blind faith in the Pats....lol:smile2:

11. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    1.I would like to Thank my wife for 32 years for carting my big butt around to gathering because I can not drive due to a back injury.
    2. I thank Paul for giving me the chance to help the membership of the B.O.C.
    3. I thank the other staff members for showing me how to be a staff member. I tend to get over excited at times and they calm me down.
    4.Thank you members for supporting the B.O.C.

12. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    Willard, they leave you alone because i take up all their time:smile2:

me too...i'd love to sit in a boat or on a bank and have a cup of coffee with you my friend.

i think that there are a bunch of people on the BOC that i may never have the chance to meet, and that saddens me.

13. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    first id tip my hat to paul dont know if he makes money off this site but i hope he does.
    next id take my hat off to my wife shes the one who feeds all my animals while im off fishing.
    hats off to top for turning me on to fishing what he called noodles.because of him ive toped my pb.16 times in 2007.hats off to gene chambers for making the catbobbers and selling his stuff at a fair price.hats off to the people who do all the work on the gatherings and a big hats off to the people who cook at the gatherings.

14. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    I disabled off the job in Jan.2001.My world was my work and I didn't have that anymore so I was lost and had no idea what I was going to do with the rest of my life.After 8 months of setting at home and feel sorry for myself I was messing with my computer and I typed catfish into the yahoo web site and Catfisherman.net came up on the screen.I'm not saying I owe my life to this site but I am saying I will never be lost again.In the 6+ years I've been a member I have made a lot of new friends and have receved some much needed help from some of them so I want to thank Paul for starting this site and the members for their help and friendship.

15. Esox Hunter

Esox Hunter New Member

State:
    Birmingham U.K.

Ok all:

I don't know where to start on this one, but I'll give it a shot.

Punkin 570: For being one of the first people to welcome me to the BOC & remaining a good friend ever since. (and of course Redticrunner)

Kat In The Hat & Kat-tamer: For COUNTLESS reasons...(I hope yer at Murray dudes)

TopSgtLawrence: For being able to answer questions personally & keeping me informed & being there with advice about 2008.

Postbeetle: For being the most thought-provoking poster on this website.

Pythonjohn: For the ramblings thread & going out of his way to find out if everything was ok with me.

Redd: For his love of irish music & sharing some of HIS!!

Catcaller: For his open & fair-mindedness in H.I.

Paul Louderback: For DESPITE his current geographical location, STILL takes the time to help members out.

The Mods: For immediately responding when I drop a boo-boo.

All of the people who I speak to in messenger: For doing just THAT!!

Last but not least....... The BOC: For welcoming me.

16. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Barse, that place between one anatomical landmark and another, where do you want me to send that check I promised you for buttering me up? I expect at least one ale for that check dude. John.

17. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah

Phil, I speak only for myself but actually look forward to your antics. You breathe a breath of fresh air into this board. Granted, sometimes the limits are stretched but you never fail to listen to our advice. The BOC would be less a place were you not here.

18. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I'd also like ta tip my hat to the Mods as they have a whale of a job and they keep this machine well oiled. I'd like to thank all those members as well ,without all us there wouldn't be such a great place ta gather an poke ,lie ,laugh an cry.

19. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    This is my home away from home!!!

Keeping the house clean:
    I would first like to thank the Mod's for doing a job that most people in their "right minds" would quit on the first day. Long hours and no pay makes for (in most cases) a hard day at the office. But these folks keep this site running smoothly and don't complain about it (at least not that I have heard). Most of you couldn't fathom the trouble they go through to keep the BOC clean and organized.

Laughter and down right funny:
    I would like to thank all those folks out there that keep me amused and add some spark to the BOC. It makes it intresting when I come home from work and find something on here that will cheer me up after a bad day.

Serious moments:
    I would also like to thank those that keep it real and down to earth. We share our joys and saddness with each other freely. These times are special (don't think that I don't read them) to all of us. I may not post in these threads but, I feel your emotions like I was there with you going through it. I usually don't post in these types of thread for fear of saying something wrong.

Computer Room Library:
    I have a complete fishing library in my computer room, and I didn't have to buy the first book to get it. This place is a plethera of information on everything you could immagine about fishing, hunting, boating and every day things. I want to thank each and every person who has submitted an artical. This is what makes this place what it is.

Home builder:
    I would especially like to thank our very own personal home builder, Paul Louderback for having a dream and puting it into effect. I am sure that this site has grown way beyond his immaginations wilds expectations. "Hat's Off to Paul" for a job well done.

20. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    well said, J.W.:big_smile: