a tip for using braid fishing line on baitcasters

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by runabout199, Jul 19, 2008.

1. runabout199

runabout199 New Member

State:
    Cartersville, G
    i use on my abu 6600 c series and it works great no slips. all you have to do is take all your line off the reel and wrap your spool in a single layer of electric tape and then respool your reel and walla no slips or cuts into spool:smile2: and to get the twist out i just let line come off reel as i go up river (with no hook or sinker on it) or just cruise a bit if in a lake after the line is all out and reel it in and bam no more twists on that reel . hope these tips help they have me.

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    James Welcome to the BOC, and thanks for sharing some good ideas. Appreciated.:0a23::0a25::0a25:

3. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona

thanks james...ive done that with my lighter mono setups.... if ur in a river ill wrap a small river rock in a bag or usea big old style bobber with 3 oz on it to me line and let it run away ..... i like putting a rock in a bag because the bigger the rock the faster the unspooling + it puts a nice tention to my line when i reel in.....:wink:

WELCOME TO THE BOC!!!!!!!!!!

4. ho_shi

ho_shi New Member

State:
    Texas
    great ideas!!!

i always gripe about linetwist but really never done much bout it other then grin and bear it!!

5. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Welcome to the BOC, James!

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like some good tips, thanks for sharing

7. wneubauer

wneubauer New Member

State:
    McKinney, TX
    I have found the foam backed tape works quite well, like the stuff PowerPro includes with their line.

Another good way to untwist line is to find a long stretch of empty beach... and start walking!

8. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Welcome to the Boc.