A tip for us bank fisherman.

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by beertools, Apr 30, 2009.

1. beertools

beertools New Member

State:
    georgia
    I was fishing this last week, when I came across a good Idea. I was using clip on bells to detect when I was getting a bite. When I would set the hook the bells would fall into the water. I was losing bells left and right. 2 bells cost 2-3 dollars. On a good night this can add up! So I took a cheap plastic round bobber/float and drilled a hole in it. Then I put about 4-5 bbs in it. Then I taped over the hole. Then I turn the bobber/float upside down and clipped the hook onto the top eye of my rod. When I got a bite it would rattle. If it fell into lake, it would float and I could dip it out. Remember to take it off before you cast!:wink:

2. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    you can buy 100 glowsticks from one of our sponsers for twelve bucks.:wink:

3. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    John,
    That's a pretty cool idea,,, as I usually find the bobbers aren't watertight, so, that would be a good use for them!!
    :wink:

4. sscharlie

sscharlie Well-Known Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Stan
    John, That sure is a dandy ider, now i have a use for those things from the bottom of my tackle box. :wink: I used hang the tackle box to the end of my rod and wait for it to jingle. The pole should be a little straighter now too. Oh No, how will I fix the automatic hook setter, ya see, when the tackle box would giggle, it would fall off and whip back up and set the hook. I got some thinkin to do now. Dang

5. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
  6. skyhead

skyhead New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I used to use the clip on bells. my problem was the pain in the butt of taking them off to cast back out, or them flopping all around when bringing a fish in. I bought a pair of screw on bells, they screw right on the tip of your rod and if you get them tight enough, never come off or get in the way. but cool idea! I always find more pride in making my own gadgets just by being resourceful.

Attached Files:

7. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    great idea won't cost me a thing as i find almost all my bobbers along the lakes i fish

8. beertools

beertools New Member

State:
    georgia
    If you have a problem of the bobber comming off while bringing the fish in you can tie a piece of fishing line to your top eye and wrap the string around a couple of time around the hook of the bobber. A clothespin or a key chain ring works good too.

9. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    I thought the screw on bell thing was a good idea too.
    BUT I can show you on Boilston bridge where I cast 1 off .
    They just don't hold well enough.
    I do like the bobber idea though. Can't find any fishing tackle much cheaper.
    Have a good 1
    just

10. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    That is a good idea. Another way I do it is take a refreshment (beer or soda your choice), and I sit it up right underneath my pole, I cast, put the rod in the holder, and take up the slack, then I pull enough slack to go underneath the tab on the can. I guess if you wanted sound you could add a few pebble to the empty can. I have watch cans go sailing 5 feet in the air on a good hit, other times they just tip over.

11. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Ok now, dont forget to tell them it costs about $7 to ship it.....

I like the color but I aint gonna pay that much shipping cost.

-Jim-

12. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    This post belongs in one of our special places and you sir should get credit. Great Idea. Thanks. I am bank fishing at this very moment. Sitting at the table, having coffee, looking out over the bay and reading the BOC posts. I may try this idea tonight.

Danny

13. beertools

beertools New Member

State:
    georgia
    Thanks for all the feedback.:smile2:

14. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Thanks for the tip brother:wink:

15. beertools

beertools New Member

State:
    georgia
    Agian Thanks for all the feed back and those who have send me reps!

16. OleWhiskers

OleWhiskers New Member

State:
    Minster,Ohio
    I came up on an idea one time and only time fishing a pay lake.The rules said no tight line fishing (why i don't know) but anyways i would cast out let my line settle reel up the slack then pull line down to the ground and hang a bobber on it. When i would get a bite the bobber would begin to rise.

17. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    Welcome to the BOC Charles
    have a good one
    just

18. Capn Crunch

Capn Crunch New Member

State:
    Lexington,
    Now that's a fantastic idea, John!

I get the bells for $0.97 in a 2-pack....but I've seen a 6 or 8-pack of the plastic bobbers clearanced for the same buck. And I'm sure we all have some unused sizes of splitshot laying around. Thanks for the tip!!!