Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
man do I hate these pliers with the 90 deg tips
picked em up years ago thinking they would be useful
maybe in some application yet unforseen
Rectangle Wood Fish Composite material Metal

Wood Twig Road surface Floor Rectangle

its not the pliers fault I am using them for something that is not a good fit but they still give me the reds just trying to get a good lock on the shank of a hook to release a fish

maybe I can heat em up with a torch and bend em straight

meanwhile.....

·
Registered
Winston, Indiana
4,310 Posts
Fishing is supposed to be about enjoyment and purging ourselves of our frustrations.
Throw the darn pliers away and treat yourself to some nice, new ones that are exactly what you need that will give you that warm and fuzzy feeling when you use them.

…W

·
Premium Member
11,700 Posts
I have not been to town lately to see what is available "Store bought" but I would bet you could get a new pair of needle nose pliers there if'n you looked around enough. If not, give me a yell and I will check up this way for some.

Like Winston said "fishing is supposed to be fun and relaxing". What your doing is like fishing with a pebble in your shoe and tarnation that can't be good. I will try to take up a collection for ya if'n it's needed. Maybe we could get one of those "Help Poor Wesley" sites started up. Shouldn't take more than a couple of months to get enough for a new pair of store bought pliers.

Guy shouldn't have to be stuck with a pair of bent pliers like that.

You take care,,,ya hear

haha

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I dont doubt they have an application
like removing cotter pins or something
but still
I like a groove in the jaws I may drill one to get a good grip on the shank of a hook

after I do what Cuda said get em glowing cherry red and straighten em out

Im big on catch and release I also need a small pair of bolt cutters for those times when the hook needs to be clipped

·
Premium Member
11,700 Posts
I dont doubt they have an application
like removing cotter pins or something
but still
I like a groove in the jaws I may drill one to get a good grip on the shank of a hook

after I do what Cuda said get em glowing cherry red and straighten em out

Im big on catch and release I also need a small pair of bolt cutters for those times when the hook needs to be clipped

Haha, for some reason I didn't take Cudu's comment too seriously. It you do decide to get them CHERRY RED HOT and beat them straight, you may as well go ahead and drill a hole thru them so you can bolt them to the floor to make a fine door stop. lol

I wish that knife making show had come on 30 years ago when I was young enough to do it. Sounds like an interesting hobby and moving red hot steel by beating it with a hammer was one of the first occupations that probably came with free medical insurance. Now that's man work there. It ain't like selling dental insurance. haha

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
View attachment 326182

View attachment 326183
its not the pliers fault I am using them for something that is not a good fit but they still give me the reds just trying to get a good lock on the shank of a hook to release a fish

meanwhile.....
Those are scrolling pliers...used by blacksmiths....have you ever considered buy a horse...they would come in handy.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
I have a set of pliers like that. Don’t know the exact Intent for them but they are very useful if you are pulling staples or tacks used to secure carpet as on stairs, or upholstery tacks. Think mini-pry bar. Not many other applications I could think of for them, but when you need them they are perfect.

·
Registered
704 Posts
View attachment 326182

View attachment 326183

meanwhile.....
Got any Inlaws that you could gift them to?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts