A story to make a cpr guy smile

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Phil Washburn, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    I have a buddy that went to lake Eufaula a couple of weeks ago, and he fished below the dam off the wall. he is not a liar, and i quizzed him well. he had all the right answers, and i believe what he told me. he got there at 4 am and fished til 7:30am. he caught a 16, 17, two 22s, a 29LB blue....and then he caught an EIGHTY TWO POUND flathead:eek:oooh:. i said "robert, isn't that a record?" "oh no" he replied, "the record is 116lbs".....so i came to the house and looked it up. the unlimited record (trotline) flat is 106 here in oklahoma. the rod and reel record, which is what he used, is SEVENTY TWOlbs. he let everything go but one of the 22LBers......i called him back and informed him that he tossed a state record back and suddenly he wasn't as big on CPR as he was before:smile2::smile2::smile2:

the scale he and his brother-in-law was using was a digital model from academy sports. i am going up tuesday morning with my brother and a friend.
    hopefully, we won't catch that big guy, because i know what i would hear from this board:wink:...however, if i do, i will find a certified scale and weigh him for the record. i would sure let him go if he lived thru that tho:big_smile:

2. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Great story! That's just part of the deal, I guess:big_smile: I finally got a 100# scale (Thanks Gary!) so unless it bottoms that out, it's back in the drink after a picture:big_smile:

Should I get one that bottoms out the scale, I'm waking Kilpatrick up at some ungodly hour and asking him to bring the 300 gal. tank to wherever I'm at so the fish can relax in a nice, roomy pool until it's time to get weighed.:big_smile: I'd probably have to promise him exclusive pix on the KC Cats website or something, but I can live with that:smile2:

3. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Good story Phil........it did make me smile:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

4. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Catch him, weigh him on certified atomic scales, picture him from 4 different angles, in color. Put a good hat on, and make sure your Tee shirt is clean. Take him home. Thump him with a sledgehammer. Carve him up, remove every ounce of fat (yellow) and red meat. Feed that to the hogs so they get a good dose of PCB's, Methyl mercuries, lead and arsenic then sell the hog to Syria.

Then carve the remainder of the meat into neat chunks and call the VFW. Tell them to bring the beer and the pinochle deck. You got the meat. I wouldn't even bother to call the DNR or newspaper, they would just think you were calling about another Bigfoot.

Whatever ya do Phil, don't tell anybody over in (up in) (down in) C.a.t.f.i.s.h. Talk. And please don't divulge how you kept those chicken livers on the hook.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    :smile2::smile2::smile2:Thanks for sharing this story. Yes it would make one smile. And when they recieved your news they probably shed some tears.:sad2:

6. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Sorry to hear that... I don't think that is funny either....(LOL).

:0a5::0a5::0a5:

7. gooboy

gooboy New Member

State:
    Minden,La.
    LOL!!!! :big_smile: That's a good un' for sure!!!

8. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I would go with "Down" in Catfishtalk PB , [​IMG] LMAO !!!

9. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I personally think this is hilarious! Don't get me wrong I feel bad for the dude, but....that is a great story... I think I may send him a BIG CPR sticker for his truck. :smile2:

that may be alittle much for him now though, maybe I will wait....time will heal..... lmao...rollo

10. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    aaahhhhh,that would sound like my luck.oh well,just your name on a piece of paper,that would have been pretty cool,lol