A starcraft is REBORN!!

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by CatfishRookie1, Jun 16, 2008.

1. CatfishRookie1

CatfishRookie1 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Te
    Hey guys , I received this 1980's model starcraft from a local guy I traded a mower for it. It was kind on dull aluminum in the beginning. The inside was painted but it was all chipped away and the floor was all black with dirt and grime.
    I decided to give her a new start and new Vivid colors, I like the red on the outside because the truck that I am pulling with is red. The Blue inside is to keep me in a calm mood when the fish refuse to bite. I think it was a pretty good makeover.
    Does anyone else have this type of boat , I would like to see some of your ideas.

Attached Files:

2. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Looks great , nice paint job now you need a motor and you will be ready to get on the water:big_smile:

3. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Oh ,

by the way welcome to the BOC and hope will enjoy it as much as i do:big_smile:

4. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    starcrafts are great boats and the price is always reasonable too :big_smile: :cool2:

5. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY

Daryl,
    Nice job on the boat. That is actually the same model as the first boat I ever owned. I had an old Johnson ten horse on mine ( the only motor I could afford) and probably fished about 7,000 hrs out of it, before I bought a different boat. A pocket full of change and a bag full of shear pins kept me going. I fished mainly slow moving rivers out of mine. What kind of waters do you fish? Welcome to the BOC, hope it winds being a second home for you. Hell of a trade you made there.

Richard

6. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Nice boat Daryl. Welcome to the BOC.

7. Indigo Flats

Indigo Flats Member

State:
    Lancaster,
    Starcraft made some outstanding boats!

8. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    Daryl,
    Check out the member library. There are ideas on how to make, modify, or improve just about all aspects of the catfishing game in there. I bet you'll find a bunch of stuff in there that help you out.

Richard

9. MSgtCatfish

MSgtCatfish New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Welcome to the BOC. Nice boat and it sounds like you got a heck of a deal for it. Nice job with the paint, now all it needs is a powerplant and some fish being caught out of it!

10. CatfishRookie1

State:
    Clarksville, Te
    I don't fish any waters yet , I bought a 17lb troller so I could start on the lakes while I look for a small outboard. I am also still gathering all the safety gear necessary to take my children out safely.

11. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    welcome to the boc, nice job on the boat!!!

12. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    nice job daryl and welcome to the BOC

13. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY

Thats great. How old are your kids? My little girl is chomping at the bit at 2 1/2 years old.....My boy is five. He's autistic so he's gonna be a while in the fishing department, but, he can figure out anything electronic in a matter of moments. I have to be careful what I tell him. When I told him to throw his pole out in the water.....he did exactly that. Never did find it again.....lol

Richard

14. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
  15. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Daryl nice job on the boat...Welcome to the BOC.

Good luck fishing in 08!

16. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Welcome to the BOC from South Carolina! great job on the boat. Starcraft sure are cool boats! I like the blue inside to "keep you calm". :) Keep us posted on your progress.
    Bill in SC

17. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    woah looks great! we had a starcraft and did the same thing, painted it the same color (on the outside) but what we sprayed it w/ on the inside is peeling, what did you use on the inside? and your boat looks great! im sure youll enjoy it

18. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    That'll work. Now get it slimed up. LOL!

19. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Very nice, Daryl!

Get yourself a set of oars, and go fishin'!

They don't burn fuel, they're cheap, you get some exercise out of the deal, and they won't ever refuse to start, or run the battery down.

20. CatfishRookie1

State:
    Clarksville, Te
    I made sure I used exterior Latex paint. I figure this to last a few years.