A stalker, at my age??

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by karensalina, Jul 1, 2009.

1. karensalina

karensalina New Member

State:
    Kansas
    At first, he just chatted about fishing and general things like the weather. This was fine. More and more frequently, however, he began "accidentally" showing up when I was fishing my favorite spot. He began talking a lot about his life, his live-in girlfriend and her sister with thighs as big as tree trunks (according to him). It was becoming mildly annoying to me, but I made noncommittal polite remarks, always changing the subject back to fishing. However, I started trying to go at different times and setting up in different locations to discourage him. But it's a small lake and offers no real hiding place.
    Then a few days ago, he showed up sans fishing equipment. I asked him where his fishing stuff was and he said he did not bring it, he was just checking to see if I was here. My annoyance turned immediately to concern. I started packing up my stuff while he hung around trying to chat me up. He talked about the heat and asked me if I would rescue him if the heat got to him. There I was in the blistering sun, in my tackiest clothes, sweating like a lumberjack and reeking of fishbait. Definitely not the usual image that prompts a man to fantasize about mouth-to-mouth. I left. He also left, but he made sure to pull around by my car to honk and wave at me before going.
    I watched my rearview mirror on the way home, burning with resentment. He is absolutely ruining fishing for me. I am too old for this kind of crap, and he definitely is!!
    So today I drove miles out of my way, up to a different lake, just to avoid this man. Had no luck on my fishing. Went out to the river next, but the good spot I like was taken. So I came home and mowed the yard. I am very resentful of this.
    I hope he is reading this right now, but I doubt if he even knows about this wonderful site. However, if you are the guy that lives with a woman on disability and you don't work because she makes enough to support you now that her morbidly obese and chronically ill sister (also on a pension) has moved in, then it is YOU I am talking about. Note: Women do not generally go fishing in the hopes of meeting a lazy mooching philanderer who will fake sunstroke so she can give him CPR. Secondly, if a woman is dressed in ugly clothes, sweating profusely, and stinking of fishbait, probably she is not looking for romance.
    Sorry, everyone, for venting, but I love fishing and now that this guy has crossed the line, I can’t figure out how to handle this other than to stop fishing in my favorite spot. I will admit, too, that I am just a little afraid of this man and I hate feeling vulnerable. :sad2:

2. sjohn58

sjohn58 Guest

Wow; What to say here. It is too bad to lose a good fishing hole.
    I would carry some pepper spay or some thing. Do you have a male
    friend that could go with you?

3. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Karen,

Be sure you carry some sort of protection be it some kind of spray or what. All kinds of nuts walking in this world of ours these days. Also contact your police dept just to start a contact with them to let them know what is going on and to find out what steps you might need to take with them in case this gets worse than it already is..... and next time get his vehicle license number.... that may help the police in case you need help.

More than likely if he is going that far he has already followed you home and knows where you live. Don't mean to scare ya but just want to help you prepare yourself for what you may need to do.

4. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    Well You can always take some of us boc memeber's with you and we can take care of this pest problem, i would take down his tag number if you see that man again btw and turn that into ur local police department and let them know this guy is stalking you cuz he is. Oh and WELCOME to the boc :wink:

5. karensalina

karensalina New Member

State:
    Kansas
    My husband could go with me, but he really doesn't enjoy fishing that much. He couldn't go during the day, though.

6. kansas_catman_16

kansas_catman_16 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    i'd say next time u go fishing ask one of your BOC brothers to tag along and go fishing with u. im sure they wouldnt mind going fishing with a fellow member and helping her with a pest problem:wink: i know if i lived close enough i wouldn mind:cool2:

7. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    get his tags, give them to the cops and see if hes wanted.tell the cops whats going on and tell the cops when your going fishing.perhaps they would just happen to be driving by and stop and talk to him.
    smokey

8. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    Sounds like its time to quit being pleasant.Hope he doesnt do anything but a jar full of shad guts in the face should slow him down.

9. Promaxx

Promaxx New Member

State:
    maryland
    can yall carry handguns there ?? OPEN CARRY of handguns is a very very big deterrent

10. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I agree with the notifying the police. The sooner you establish that there could be a problem, the faster they will be to respond if and when a problem really does arise. It also establishes a timeline for escalation of the problem.

Pick up some pepper spray and carry that with you. Just make sure you don't spray it upwind!

11. jmanion8

jmanion8 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Creeper. I'm going to have to agree with the rest of the boys here...get you some pepper spray and certainly contact the police. definitely time to quit being pleasant and get him out of your life and get you back to fishing. I'm up in Atchison, probably a little too far to fish with ya, but I'm sure you can find another brother on here that certainly wouldn't mind goin with ya...that is if your husband doesn't mind. Anyways, good luck and don't let it get ya down! :big_smile:

12. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston

Absolutely what Troy said.
    Cell phone and pepper spray should now be part of your fishing gear. Pretty sad state of affairs but better safe than sorry.
    Have you told hubby about this. I can't believe he wouldn't go with you even if he's not into fishing. This is now not about fishing, it's about your safety.
    Please be careful...W

13. Bocan

Bocan New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Take along a fishing buddy, if he shows up and dont take the hint.. well use him for cutbait.

14. kansas_catman_16

kansas_catman_16 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    hmmmmm didnt think of that:confused2::confused2:

15. dolphinswmmr

dolphinswmmr New Member

State:
    kansas
    I' m so sorry to hear about this problem. Being a fellow female member I can understand your concern. I would definately suggest taking one of the other members with you. I know a few that are in your area that could definately deter this guy. Assuming by you name you're in the Salina area. Other members can also introduce you to some new spots maybe. I know a couple members that could talk to the guy and he would not consider returning. Good luck, it sucks to see a fellow female member being detered.

16. Gamblen

Gamblen New Member

State:
    Kansas City, KS
    If it is a county, state of federal lake (kansas) contact the Game Warden for the area. I feel sorry for the guy if a male Game Warden checks Him out and has a talk with Him, much less a female Game Warden. There are alot of female Game Warden's. The laws have changed over the years: http://www.kslegislature.org/legsrv-statutes/getStatuteFile.do?number=/21-3438.html.

21-3438

Chapter 21.--CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS PART II.--PROHIBITED CONDUCT Article 34.--CRIMES AGAINST PERSONS
    21-3438. Stalking. (a) Stalking is:
    (1) Intentionally or recklessly engaging in a course of conduct targeted at a specific person which would cause a reasonable person in the circumstances of the targeted person to fear for such person's safety, or the safety of a member of such person's immediate family and the targeted person is actually placed in such fear;
    (2) intentionally engaging in a course of conduct targeted at a specific person which the individual knows will place the targeted person in fear for such person's safety or the safety of a member of such person's immediate family; or
    (3) after being served with, or otherwise provided notice of, any protective order included in K.S.A. 21-3843, and amendments thereto, that prohibits contact with a targeted person, intentionally or recklessly engaging in at least one act listed in subsection (f)(1) that violates the provisions of the order and would cause a reasonable person to fear for such person's safety, or the safety of a member of such person's immediate family and the targeted person is actually placed in such fear.
    (b) (1) Upon a first conviction, stalking as described in subsection (a)(1) is a class A person misdemeanor. Upon a second or subsequent conviction, stalking as described in subsection (a)(1) is a severity level 7, person felony.
    (2) Upon a first conviction, stalking as described in subsection (a)(2) is a class A person misdemeanor. Upon a second or subsequent conviction, stalking as described in subsection (a)(2) is a severity level 5, person felony. (3) Upon a first conviction, stalking as described

As you talk to the Game Warden let K.S.A. 21-3438 be your guide. No hitting above the belt, don't tell the Game Warden you read the Statute.

17. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Donnie lives out west somewhere, one look at his 24" pythons, and this guy is sure to run away and never come back. :smile2::smile2::smile2:

18. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Another thing you could invest in is at your local Wally world. Go to the baseball stuff and buy one of those childrens aluminium bats and sit right beside you where it is easally accessable. A thump against the nugget will prob. knock the $#!* out of him:beat_brick: or since into him.:wink:

19. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I would go right back to my favorite lake and fish.

I would also take my husband, or another man with me.

If he shows up tell him straight up to get the hell away from ya, and stay away.

I dont think I would go back alone untill he is out of the picture.

There is something about water that draws alot of crazy people, and he is one of them.

20. x smokin joe

x smokin joe Well-Known Member

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    A taser is a good non lethal deterrent. I think one or two jolts and he'll get the message.