A "serious" suggestion for the forums

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by jeremiad, Jul 25, 2008.

1. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I was thinking... (OH NO!) :tounge_out:

Wouldn't it be a great idea to have an opt-in forum (in addition to HI and Religion) for BOC improvements?

All opinion-based posts regarding our absolute love, or incensed hatred, as it might be, could be posted (or moved) there.

Suggestions for improvements could be posted there, so that everyone can weigh in with their opinions.

New ideas could be lofted there as well, and all those who are opted in could throw in their two cents.

Paul could whack us up side the head without holding back, too! :eek:oooh:

All the banter, both good and bad, could happen over there. After all, things get a little HI anyway at times! :wink:

More than this, this would get all of this banter out of the "public" of visitors and new members who might not understand what's going on, while continuing to involve the entire community in all the new ideas.

"How-tos," new announcements, and so forth would obviously remain out in the open.

Just an idea...

2. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    We already have that. It's the trouble ticket.

Any grievances, problems, worries, gripes, whines, dislikes, applauds, accolades, or threatening messages go to the staff via trouble ticket.

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Did someone say get a little "HI" LOL!

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

I figured it out....You're really Tommy Chong Big "G"!!!:crazy::roll_eyes::tounge_out::wink::smile2:

5. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Yes, Mark, I've used the trouble ticket once or twice. It tended to be more like dealing with Customer Service. Nice and fast response, mind you, but pretty much one-way.

Then, perhaps it's the name, too. Is it "trouble" that I don't like the "Friends: (X)" feature? I suppose it's trouble that I express these feelings in the open forum! :sad2:

Having experience in business myself, I know that opinions expressed in public forums are rarely appreciated. You have worked hard and spent real money to add improvements, only to have a dork like me take pot shots at it. No, I don't expect it to be appreciated. It appears like a mutiny in the works.

At the same time, involving the entire community in the improvement process always pays great dividends. Not only do they provide insight that might have been overlooked, but also they become more dedicated when they sense that their ideas are being heard and implemented. This is where a "trouble ticket" approach alone fails.

6. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK

i like it! we could name it the "Phil Washburn Memorial Forum" :smile2::smile2: