A serious lack of respect

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by mactheaxe, Sep 26, 2009.

1. mactheaxe

mactheaxe New Member

State:
    cartersville, georgia
    :angry::angry::angry:so i get home today and immediately go outback because my trolling motor was on charge all day and it was raining. it wasnt there but the charger was. so my girlfriends sister, boyfriend and some guy went fishing. no problem, i encourage it. you can even use my stuff just be respectful. NOT THE CASE. the charger was soaked and full of water, the battery was sitting out in the yard, the boat was full of water and my tackle box was wide open and wet. complete lack of respect and bs. they KNOW how i feel about my fishing gear and ill be danged if they didnt care. well, new rule. NO ONE but me uses it. you wanna fish? i suggest you go to walmart and buy you a few things. all this and i havent even told you the worst part. my girlfriends grandfather was a professional fisherman. needless to say he has a LOT of bass gear. well his old tacklebox was about 20 percent full of old lures. guess what? theyre all gone. its effin empty. its not mine but im extremely pissed because its a lack of respect there too.AND im the one who fishes all the time so who do you think is gonna get the blame? me! one of the only things she has of her grandfather and its bein pillaged through like a trashcan by a couple of raccoons lookin for somethin shiny. sickening. when they were confronted, it was "oh, i opened you box like 5 min ago" THEN WHY WAS IT ALL SOAKED? and "you cant go blaming people for taking things." and they went on like it wasnt even a problem. i got my tacklebox in our room in my closet and im gonna put my rods in there too. god this ticks me off thinking about it. i gotta go now before i rant anymore. sick.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2009
  2. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    that sucks, i don't mind lendin stuff out but usually i'm right there to watch it, a few hooks and sinkers missing is one thing but bass lures are 7 bucks plus and if they were old and from grandpops collection thats priceless, that stuff adds up.

3. CarolinaCats

CarolinaCats New Member

State:
    Rural Hall
    I hate it for ya Jason. I let a friend of mine borrow my truck while his was getting the motor replaced. Someone Keyed the entire side of it while it was parked at his work. He brought it back to me and said, I don't know what to do to the stupid thing! Well that stupid thang got his butt to work for two weeks!

It's a shame but right then I decided, Nobody would borrow anything I had again. I will go cut a tree down before someone borrows my saw. I will carry them to work...But they aint borrowing my truck or van or car. It's a total shame people don't respect others stuff.

4. etexun

etexun New Member

State:
    Texas (Nea
    I hate to hear that about your gear. I have a 24yo son and I keep wondering when he is going to quit BORROWING my stuff and then denying it when I can't find it. I bought it to use myself. I buy him things and I buy things for myself. It all seems to end up his way for some reason. I bought a cast net at the end of last year and practiced a few times with it, then put it up to use this year. Well it aint here and he "knows nothing".

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    HAMMER TIME If you turn the other cheek and continue with the I encourage you to go fishin path...... SHAME ON YA

6. mactheaxe

mactheaxe New Member

State:
    cartersville, georgia
    i honestly dont mind people goin fishin with my stuff, just take care of it, put it back where you found it when youre done, and lemme know if you lost a lure. it happens, i do it all the time. but dont go and leave it open in the rain. bad call.

7. etexun

etexun New Member

State:
    Texas (Nea
    he BORROWED my fish fryer/crawfish boiler back in May. I found it yesterday in the garage(at least he brought it home) but when I looked in it it had these green fuzzy things that sort of looked like crawfish in it.

8. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    I would borrow something of theirs and tell them you trashed it when they want it back,when they start getting upset say now you know how I feel and produce their stuff for them in good shape. If that don't get the point across,drop kickem' and stomp on their azzes for awhile,ya gotta beat smart into some people. Or you could sell their stuff to replace some of the stuff you lost and tell them about it afterwards.
    Oh yeah,open your box up and get a fan blowing on it to remove the moisture or your gonna have alot of rusty stuff.

Truthfully I'd probably opt for the high road,but a revenge stunt can be a sweet joy sometimes.

9. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    I am still learning this lesson.. :embarassed:

10. CatSlayer715

CatSlayer715 New Member

State:
    gville NC
    Do you know what will prevent this from happening again, and where you can leave your tackle box anywhere you want it? KICK THEIR A$$'!!!! I dont tollerate that kind of #$%^ and would wreck them if they did it to me.

11. Arkatoothis

Arkatoothis New Member

State:
    WV
    I was fishing with a friend who had no gear so I brought mine for him to use. I told him to open the bail (he didnt know how to use a bait caster) on my surf rod so a big cat wouldnt pull it in the river. He said he was only a foot from it and he could get to it before this happened. I asked him again and he had the same reply. About half an hour later the rod went flying off the forked stick and into the Ohio river never to be seen again. I was unhappy to say the least cause it was a gift from my father on my 21st bday. He seemed not too worried about it and joked around saying he would replace it. He never did but I got him back. We were playing poker one night with some other friends and he rode with me. All the other people had left and it was just us and the guy that owned the house had went to sleep because he had to work early the next morning... my buddy who left the bail open came out ahead around 200$ and I told him he was gonna pay for the rod or walk home...18 miles... Heheheheh we stopped at Wal Mart on the way back and he bought me a replacement... I opted for a bait caster and heavy rod... He only had 12$ on him when we left the store... Revenge is a dish best served cold....And it beats walking. Were still friends, and even steven.

12. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    That just plain sucks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Time to dole out some TOUGH LOVE ,BG said it FIRST.:wink:

14. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Took the words out of my mouth brother!:cool2:

15. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

You got a better shot of getting a date with my ol lady than you do of borrowing one of my cattin setups!:crazy:.

16. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    I put people including family and freinds in one of three categories.
    1. The ones that can borrow any thing I own.
    2. The ones that can borrow some things I own.
    3. The ones that can not borrow anything, no need to even ask.

17. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    Shame someone will do your stuff that way. My oldest son did it to me on my pontoon. I had 22 rods ready to fish when he borrowed it. Lines were broke on every one and two reels were dismantled and thrown in the rod box and 4 batteries were left dead because he didn't want to put gas in the tank. He no longer has a key to anything of mine. I was so upset I sold the pontoon.

18. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I have 4 boys and 2 daughters 5 grandkids and 3 daughter in laws and 1 son in law . They all know not to touch my fishing equipment of _____ will hit the fan . I will let them and anyone else use anything I have but they ask first and respect my stuff . Same way with tools , my truck , my harley , my boat , my wallet and my house......lol

19. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Been there and done that.:angry: I'm fishing with them if they use one of my rods now,and its a ole biggame stick with a good reel and I still tell-em to pick them up and get them out of the dirt and rocks and never lay the reels on the side plate. if they have to lay it in the grass.

I have 5-10 yr old r&r setups that mighthave a couple nicks in them:wink:
    I do take care of my guns, poles or anything else..But if I come home and something was gone,,well I have to say, somebody would be buying me some new stuff or I would be reporting a thief. I don't care who it is..Its was mine, I bought it.

A lesson learned the hard way, solves alot of problems down the road. IMHO:wink:

20. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    Jason, you go boy! You can rant & rave all you want. You deserve to be heard by buddies that have the same passion. It is so disgusting what those guys did to your equipment. But to rummage through Grandpa's collectables and completely waste part of family history, that is low trash disrespectful. Sorry for your situation