A Secret for success

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by FastenalFishing, Aug 31, 2005.

1. FastenalFishing

FastenalFishing New Member

State:
    Boiling Springs, S.C.
    If anyone uses Tinks 69 for deer hunting try adding just a little bit of Vanilla Flavoring. It has to be alocohol free. Just a little bit, enough to give it a sweeter smell. I have had bucks follow me to my treestand before I could even get into the tree.
    One time I parked the truck, put a little on a drag pad and walked only 100 yards or so into the woods. I heard something running behind me so I leaned up against a tree. It was a seven point buck. Nose to the ground following my every step. I let him come within 20 yards before putting down. I was in and out in about ten minutes.
    This is just one story. The first year I started using this this way I killed a 10 point, 9 point, 2 eights and a six poiter that weighed 205lbs in South Carolina. This trick is amazing. Give it a try.
    Good Luck!

2. roofermike

roofermike New Member

State:
    Jefferson City, Missouri
    When were you hunting? Pre-rut, rut, post rut.

That sounds amazing.

3. RedEye_Allen

RedEye_Allen New Member

State:
    Red Bank , South Carolina
    Hey FastenalFishing, You live Right down the Road from me. . . Maybe we Can Hook up and go Hunting or Fishing some time. I havn't been on a Hunt where i have seen a Deer in a Year or Two. That Tinks Trick sounds Right Interesting.

Gimmie a Hollar. Maybe i Can Take you on a Good Hog Hunt Down in FairView if you can Put me on a Good Deer.

Or My Cell

315-4186 (Admin Don't Remove Please, Spam Calls don't bother me )

4. hookeye

hookeye New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    That sounds like an interesting little trick. How in the world did you come across that one?

5. fishnfool68

fishnfool68 New Member

State:
    Near Tulsa Oklahoma
  6. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    I hunt hardwood ridges, I use the TInks69, but a little differently, I find an area that has good scrapes in it. Then I clear out an area of leaves put down one of those Sterno's with wire grill I made then i put a coffe cup on top of that pour the Tinks in the coffee cup water down a bit to make it last longer, set the sterno on fire and Get up in my tree about 30 yds away and wait. I have pulled in many bucks like this, I just love watching them come thru the woods with thier nose in the air without a care in the world. Its almost like cheating ;) Just make sure to clear out an area big enough not to catch the woods on fire, be smart about it

7. quadman

quadman New Member

State:
    Danville, Virginia
    Little Mac that sounds like a great idea. I have used some steaming scents before with a little success but your trick sounds like it would work great. The vanilla addition is appealing also using it the same way with the sterno!

8. FastenalFishing

State:
    Boiling Springs, S.C.
    I have used the Tinks all season. Usually works best in pre-rut and peak. I've killed one eight pointer so far this year with my bow. Seen a lot of small bucks and does.

9. FastenalFishing

State:
    Boiling Springs, S.C.
    Red eye,
    I would love to take you except our club does not allow guests. The hog hunt sounds nice. I have not killed a hog in years.

10. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    i think i mite try those lil' tricks this weekend