A satisfying night!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by bigfish08, Apr 26, 2008.

1. bigfish08

bigfish08 New Member

State:
    ohio
    last night a buddy of mine who has never been fishing and has been having a really hard time, (lost his mom to suicide and has problems with substance abuse) headed out at dusk for some channel cat fishing, it started off slow with not much action around dusk but as soon as it got dark and i walked to the car to get us some waters i heard him yelling, so i ran back down and he was fighting what turned out to be a 10 pound plus channel, which turned out to be the big fish of the night. he was really pumped and it was awesome to see. it was also funny to see his reaction when he found out catfish talk.. that was a good laugh.. but we ended up catching 9 in about a hour and a half, he caught most of them so that made it all the better. he said for me to call him next time im going out, so i think next time im gonna try to get him on a big flathead:smile2:

2. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Great going Larry ... it is good to see you helping a friend ... like they say, "A friend in need is a friends indeed" ... Garry-

3. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    congrats on the fish.

4. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    nice,maybe it'll clear his head a little,good job on getting him out

5. catcrazed

catcrazed New Member

State:
    ohio
    man that is awsome to see someone trying to help out when someone is down in the dumps!! Props to ya bro! Those kinda trips are the kind that may help someone get back on the right track and do what is important in life.................................................................................FISH!!!:smile2:

6. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    Its great that you are there for a friend, nothing more calming and exciting than fishing. Thanks sharing with us Larry.

7. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Good job on taking your friend fishing im glad to hear that you got to help him out expecially with all the problems hes been going through in his life, sounds like he had his self a blast and caught a nice channel catfish, I say he was shocked when he heard the catfish thanks for sharing your story with us and keep us posted on how the fishing does for you.

8. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    What you did last night... it could be the start of something big...

We need more people like you... If you can get your friend out more and more you will see a vast improvement, it gives him something else to utilize his adrenaline/focus for...

If you get him a bigger one he will be hooked! LOL (as if he isn't already)

9. Mizzbigcat

Mizzbigcat New Member

State:
    Warren County Ohio
    What a great story Larry, it is always awesome to witness someone catching thier first catfish, I know that had to bring alot of joy to your friend.

Where on earth were ya'll fishing? I've been out for the last night days and still haven't caught a cat!

I'm glad he got to hear the catfish talk, that is awesome. If anyone knows where I can get some audio of that let me know, I've been looking all over the web for it.

10. bigfish08

bigfish08 New Member

State:
    ohio
    that was my go to channel spot on the gmr..

11. varmint_sniper

varmint_sniper New Member

State:
    OHIO
    Larry, awsom job and good 4 u takeing a friend catfishing ,sounds like ya'll had an awsome time, what lake or river were ya'll fishing? i had a good time at indian lake last night also keep up the good work and let me know where ya'll were fishing

12. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    fishing is always good getting outside close to god works rick

13. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    thats cool bro. he will never forget that night! now you teach him to catch bait and youll be set. reps for turning a buddy onto fishin.