A salute to a fallen warrior

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by jerseycat9, Oct 3, 2007.

1. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    This is a salute to my recently deceased cat "Crosby". Folks let me tell you this was one hardcore battle tested and approved feline.I picked him up at an animal shelter 3 years ago last month. He was a middle aged cat when he passed of about 5 to 7 years old. He was blind in one eye from a previous battle with an unknown assailent had scars all over his face and body and wasnt a week that passed that my buddy didnt come home with blood on him or limping from some scuffle. Every day I had him he would bring something home as a gift rats,birds,snakes,lizards you name it he killed it. Hes taken down possums twice his size and even took out a vulture not to long ago and back in early summer he decided bringing a half dead copperhead home was a good idea:eek:oooh: Well I had let him out at his usuall time of high noon on sunday and hadnt seen him since (which was not uncommon) this morning I was getting rid of some fish carcasses in the woods behind the house and found my good friend laying dead near a pile of sticks and leaves with two small punctures and blood on his left front leg. Im thinking a snake got the best of this gladiator. I am deeply saddened by his passing but in a way proud of the guy he went out the way he lived. He lived by the claw and died by the fang.
    I really dont know what else to say except he was one cool dude and Im gonna miss him deeply:sad2:

2. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Terry,

:worship: "Here to "Crobsy" - May he R.I.P.

Bert

3. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Terry ,sorry for the loss.He sounded wonderful and thanks for rescuing him from the pound.I have 2 cats one indoors and one outdoors that "adopted" me when I bought the house.SOmeone abandoned him because he was neutered and declawed.In any case I took him on and fed him so he figured he would stay around where life was good.When cold weather gets here every year I bring a big cardboard box home like a computer or TV box.I cut a door in it,put a styrofoam floor in,and whatever old quilt or blanket that I have.THEN I put an electric heating pad in it because Sylvester is old like me and likes to be warm.Usually I put a string of Xmas lights on it and write his Xmas list on the outside so Santa can see it.Plus I hang a few Xmas cards on it so he thinks he gets mail!!!!:smile2:He doesnt write to well though.His wish list usually starts 'Deer Sana,duzent needs much,but wood lake sum of thet new catnip called Muai Waui frum Pet City."Seems to do the job for him.He has added a pool table ,stereo,and flat panel TV and I have had to ask him to turn th music down after 10pm. :smile2::eek:oooh::wink:I have been told when you feed a cat particularly a "wild" one,they will bring their kill to you as a gift to show their appreciation.We fed a beautiful wild female once and every morning promptly at daylight she would appear on my back steps with her mouse or whatever and exchange if for her bowl of Friskies.I finally caught her and found her a wonderful home which made my spouse happy as she wasnt to fond of mice dead or alive.Well I'll bet there is another replacement down at the pound but CROSBY sounded like a heck of a cat.:sad2:I believe when the Lord puts you on the scales of Justice to be weighed agaisnt your sins,he allows all the animals you adopt, befriend or rescue to jump in with you.Sure hope so!!!!

4. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Thanks Jim for the comments and sylvester sounds like a cool cat himself and the upgrades to the cardboard condo sound like something Im looking to do to my box:wink:

5. radish

radish Member

State:
    ms
    I know just how you feel .

6. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    two little kittens. One came from Grandma and the other a neighbor. Apparently some oddball thinks this is the place to drop off unwanted kittens because we discovered another small kitten yesterday. We can't have anymore so I hope it gets rescued and finds a wonderful home.Anyway,these kittens are male and female.As soon as they are of age they will both be fixed so as to not have their own litter.I plan on having them both declawed and keeping them as indoor cats. They get to wrestling each other and are so funny to watch,then when their tired they will come to me and bed down. I am struggling with fleas however. I just put Frontline on both of them yesterday and Frontline on my dog and I still found one crawling on the lil females belly. I hope the Frontline works,as I abhor fleas!!:eek:oooh::eek:oooh::roll_eyes:

7. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Sorry for your loss. I have two of them that spend most of the time outsides and only come in to eat and maybe sleep for awhile before going back out hunting. I've had one 6 or 7 years and the other 5 years and got both by the grand daughters bringing them to me. I am more a dog man than a cat man but would hate to lose either one..
    Bill

8. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Terry, that sounds like a true Irish friend. Amazing that a snake would take out a "lad of the soil" like that. Pour one for this old Bohemie at his wake and tell him that I would have been a true buddy.

9. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    I lost my dog recently too...but it was a lazy lover. No cool stories but that dog was so placid I could wipe the floor with her.

Must be the time of animals passing. :sad2: