A sad Day

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by chuck99, Apr 2, 2007.

1. chuck99

chuck99 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Today is the day I knew was coming for a year or more. Our beloved Lab, has not been able to stand for since Saturday morning. He is 14 and he is a pup we kept when his mother had a litter. A good Lab, kind a gentle to all. Very good with children. He even let the birds eat from his bowl. In a little while it is time to go to the vets............

2. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Man,there isn't anything I can say to ease your pain....time will help but not erase all the memories.

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I hate to hear that.My animals are like a part of my family and its tough to lose any of them.I'll pray that your pain will be eased and that you'll have plenty of good memories.

4. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    i am sorry to hear that news .

5. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Chuck,
    All you can do is know that you gave him a good life and remember the fun you had with him...W

6. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    I think I'll go hug my pup.:sad2:

7. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    I am Sorry to hear the news about your Lab Chuck.I Know fo shure that It's a hurt that's hard to scratch.God Bless. Your Friend and BOC Brother. J.D.
    :too_sad: :cry:

8. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Sorry to hear about the passing of your lab.

9. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I can't stand to hear that someone is losing another "BeLoved Pet" It just breaks my heart! Know I grieve for you and with you! Man when Safety Bass put his Little Tippy down it tore me up! I'm not ashambed to admit it! Can't help it I love Dogs very much!! Please accept my hugs of condolences!:too_sad: :too_sad:

10. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    Sorry to hear about your lab. Always remember the good times you had with him.

11. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I'm so sorry, Chuck. Just yesterday I was thinking of my first lab and how she watched over me when I was pregnant with my daughters....
    I've never known a more empathetic creature than she was. She was born on April 6th, 1985 and I still think of her every Spring at her birthday time.
    Never been another one like her, but there are sure alot of years worth of memories. Take care, brother.

12. chuck99

chuck99 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    It is done, he did not pass alone. Two breaths and he went to sleep. He is in the ground, with a marker, having words said and tears shed. Now he is in a better place where he can run and play like he was a pup again. Thanks to all.

13. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Chuck, my thoughts are with you and yours at this time. No one wants to make a decision like that when feelings are involved - anyone who appreciates animals and loves their pets knows what I'm talking about. But the memories you have from the last fourteen years are priceless. My oldest golden retriever is 13 1/2 years old and recently had a stroke. She is recovering well now, but I know the inevitable is coming at some point. I will cherish the time I've had with her, and her essence will live on through her son and grandson who bring me joy everyday :smile2:.

14. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Sorry to hear of your loss. I'm real close to that point with my 15 yr old pointer. Going to be a sad day. Took him to the farm yesterday for some R&R. He was wore out in bought an hour. Thinking of you!!

15. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    I feel for you Brother, its a hard thing to have to put down a beloved pet. I still think about my lab and hes been gone 15 years.

16. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    I like so many others grieve with you on your loss of a trusted friend but believe me one day when you least expect it another pup will win a place in your heart next to him do not rush into another until you feel it is right

17. FourEyes45

FourEyes45 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Chuck,---So sorry to hear of your loss. We as humans could and can learn from our 4 legged friends. When you get on them they come back to you and love you. We humans get mad at each other and will not forget it for a while.SO SORRY.
    Walt

18. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    I'm so sad for you brother, I have a white lab "Sally". I can't even think about her not laying at me feet as I watch TV or having mornin coffee. I know for you there are good memories and hopefuly lots of pictures.

Flint

19. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    I feel your pain Chuck, Remember the good times.

20. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    ya, i know what thats like brother. havin one of your best friends sick like that. i lost a good friend of mine like that a couple years ago on christmas. that dog was soo cool, he was a coonhound and one time there was a coon comin straight at me and my gun jammed and right before that thing got to me that dog jumped like 10 feet and broke its back. i loved that dog and it hurts when they go