A Riddle

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by copycat, Sep 11, 2006.

1. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    You are next to a river and have a 5 gallon container and a 3 gallon container. You need to measure out 4 gallons of water (Don't ask why, you just need to! LOL) How do you measure out 4 gallons of water?

2. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    Take the 5 gallon jug, fill it, dump it in the 3 gallon jug. dump it out of the 3 gallon jug, replace the water in the 3 gallon jug with the remaining water from the 5 gallon jug (2 Gallons). Then refill the 5 gallon jug, and top off the 3 Gallon jug and you have 4 gallons left in the 5 gallon jug

:big_smile:

3. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I wish the second Die Hard movie was on so I could see how they did it. I cant
    rememberLOL
    I aint got Bruce W. on my speed dail. LOL. :tounge_out:

4. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Fill up 3gl bottle. Pour in 5 gal bottle which now has 3gl in it. . Fill up 3 gl again, finish off 5 gl bottle leaveing 1gl left in 3 gl bottle. Empty out 5 gl bottle and por the 1gl left in 3 gl bottole into empty 5gl bottle. Then fill up 3gl bottle and pour all in 5 gl bottle and now you got 4gl water in 5 gl bottle.
    WOW#> did I say that right. LMAO.

5. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I was in a hurry to type that one. mis spelled. LOL. I dont do good at riddles and I think I got that one so I wanted to put r up. First one for me. :embarassed: LOL.
    Now my brain hurts:tounge_out:

6. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Phil, there is more than one way to skin a cat. LOL. I got a spread. :lol: :wink:

7. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Good thinkin guys, now you got 4 gallons of water! LOL, What you do with the 4 gallons is your business! LMAO:lol:

8. O2Bfishing

O2Bfishing New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    thats pretty good fellas !! Jay

9. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    If a chicken and a half lays an egg and a half in a day and a half. How much does a pound of butter weigh?

First of all what in to hell would I need exactly 4 gallons of water for? LOL!