A recommendation please....

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by germanmudfish, Jul 8, 2008.

1. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    my birthday is coming in September and Catfish and I always go somewhere over the weekend. Usually the beach or the mountains. I have decided I need a confidence trip to catch cats. She has agreed and either will come along or send her dad. Either way is great. I live in central Ga and will drive up to 6 or 8 hours to get to a good guide. I can not tell which ones are where in the BOC partnership and I have no knowledge of them. Something with accommodations would be perfect. Please let me know by forum or PM if more comfortable doing it that way. Thanks for the help.:big_smile::big_smile:

2. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    hey ronnie, I know just the man for the job. Get a hold of Roundhill down there at santee. He knows that water like the back of his hand, has the best rates than any other guide at santee, and he will put you on fish. Theres also a lot to learn from the ol' man, and not very many dull moments..lol. I know you have family down that way anyway and it's not a bad drive at all. Give him a hollar and tell him bassmassey sent ya....

3. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I will 2nd that Ronnie. Roundhill will put you on the fish and keep you laughing the whole time. Great guide and great guy.

4. MSgtCatfish

MSgtCatfish New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I would recommend Richard Simms of Scenic City up in Chattanooga, TN or Captain Hugh up in Richmond, VA. Both great guys and fun to be around and will put you on some fish - shoot Captain Hugh guarantees you a fish over 20 pounds or next trip is free. Don't know Roundhill personally but Santee is an awesome place to fish, big water and a lot of different options/styles of fishing to learn there, can't go wrong there either.

5. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Another guy I would recommend is Mike Mitchell (Southerncats). He is also a BOC partner guide. You probably can't go wrong with any of the guides mentioned.

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    All sounds like real good advice, I can't wait to use one of the BOC guides on a trip

7. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    Santee, Roundhill, September, What a combination! SC Gathering in September. Catmen Championship in September Roundhill will really be on his A-Game that month.