A real fighter

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Smuggo, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Smuggo

Smuggo New Member

State:
    sc
    I was a the golf course yesterday and saw a Blue Jay flopping around on the ground and went to see what the problem was.

The bird was almost ready to give up and on closer inspection he had a small green Garter (Garden?) snake coiled around his neck. The snake could'nt have been more than 12 inches long and about as big around as a pencil.

I don't think the snake was trying to eat the bird but was probably fighting for his life after being attacked by the Jay.

Anyway,we seperated the two and the bird flew away and the little guy took off into the woods.

Both were probably happy that their life and death struggle was over and the little snake content that he taught the big mean bird a lesson that he will never forget.

2. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    That was an awesome encounter. gotta carry your camera around. that would have made for some interesting pics.

3. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm not a snake person at all but the fact that you did what you did causes me to feel that you are a compassionate man,and you seem to care for animals.Reps to ya and a thumbs up!! A very good deed!!jmho:smile2:

4. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
  5. Barry Nelson

Barry Nelson New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    bluejays have the heart of a lion, more then likely he was trying to make supper outta the big "worm"...:004: