A real B.S. STORY!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by CBH, Jun 29, 2009.

1. CBH

CBH New Member

State:
    WV
    This was in our local paper a couple weeks ago. I've got my own opinion. What do you guys think?

Attached Files:

2. jmanion8

jmanion8 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Looks legit. Except the ten minutes part, that fish must have been on its deathbed if it only fought for ten minutes :smile2:.

3. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I think that dude was about 7 or 8 feet tall... also looks like that fish was stavin to death.

4. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    That ain't no 60lb catfish!!!!

5. Bear2123

Bear2123 New Member

State:
    Uhrichsville, OH
    Careful not to step in the BS layin around on the ground.:smile2:

6. upncomincatfishking

upncomincatfishking New Member

State:
    Cheviot Ohio
    who knows really i say it aint no 60 my 30 was that big

7. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    looks to me like a flathead, looks alot like the 32 lber i caught out in AZ. i have a hard tie believeing that he caught it on chicken liver, but i wasnt there so i cant say whether it is true or not.

8. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    A 43 inch flahead dont weigh 63-lbs.

9. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    I have seen some big fish come from small ponds but that fish does not look 60#.The chicken liver I believe because I have caught some big fish off of it.

10. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    i think his scale was broke and it is BS the one in my avatar was 46.5'' and it weighed 56.5# and that was on a certified scale so no 42'' is gonna weigh 63#

11. flatheadsteve

flatheadsteve New Member

State:
    Ohio
    there is no way that fish is 60lbs. maybe 30lbs but deff not 60.

12. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    well thats why i don't believe anything i read in the paper:wink:

13. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    lol we had a 52" wash up dead a week or two ago and it broke our 50 lb scales before we got it off the ground completely and we were guessing it at 50-60 maybe more but we werent sure...but i am sure that that is not a 60 anything unless that dude is a giant ....mongoloid...giant mongoloid:wink:

14. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    Hopefully we are all wearing boots cause that is some deep bull shAt

15. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    man i got to get a new scale!!! if that fish broke sixty i must of had the record:eek:oooh:!! the flat in my avitar was 43in. 51.9 lbs. and that one don't even compare! i need that mans tape and scale:wink::eek:oooh:!! shane

16. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Wonder if he smokes?:smile2::smile2: rollo

17. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    maybe they ment to post that under the funnies in the paper :eek:oooh::smile2:

18. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Some of the big fish stories I see in the local paper crack me up. Just last year there was a story on the news and in the local paper of a 90+ lb. flathead caught here out of the Kansas River. They said the fish was taken to Cabelas to be put in the tank and displayed for the public to marvel at. I quickly shot up there, (10 min. from the house) only to find out the fish died, was only 60 lbs. and was then steaked out to be food for Buddy and the other big blues in the tank. These people catch nice fish, have no scale, and are so excited by their catch, that they overestimate the fish drastically. Anymore when I hear of the big fish catch, my first question usually is, what type of scale did you weigh it on. If they say anything in the neighborhood of well it looked like my uncles big one from 5 yrs ago so I figured it was a few lbs. more, kinda deal, Im turning around and walking away while they are in mid sentence. :smile2:

19. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    He needs to be pistol whipped for holdin that way. :cool2:

20. cudadustin

cudadustin New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, OHIO
    I would have to agree with everyone in saying that the fish is clearly not 60lbs. The fish in the picture is very thin for a flat. The combination of its slim body and dark skin would lead me to believe that it came out of a pond; probably not a pretty pond though. The whole thing stinks of desperation. This picture probably equates to the young mans 15 minutes of fame. If that's the case I would hate to be the man who crapped on it. If I met this fellow I would congratulate him and wish him luck on his future fishing endeavors. Hey, some guys talk big and some guys catch big fish. It's just the way this thing works. That's why they call them fish stories partner. We all know the song and dance. At the end of the day all you really have to answer to is yourself. If that guy is happy with his story so be it. As long as he's fishing the local pond I don't have to worry about kicking him out of my honey hole. Thanks for the story though. A good laugh never hurts.

Do you think he belongs to the BOC? Just food for thought.