A question

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by Mutt, Oct 8, 2005.

1. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Has anyone ever thought of doing a B.O.C. get toghter up here in the central vally delta area? I read these threads where they have all these get toghters back in the midwest etc. sure looks like fun. How about it guys? anyone interested of planing one out and see if we can get a bunc of the brothers toghter say at windmill cove or somewheres else?

2. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    I think this year Robb aka daystarchris had one up in the medota that went pretty good.

3. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    Vini is right Robb has had a couple here near Fresno. A delta gathering wouldn't be a bad idea though. I have never fished the Delta personnally, but if you want to put something together let us know i kno wI wil be there and Robb wil definately want to be there too.

-brian

4. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    hmm okie dokie i shall do some looking into this see what i can come up with. I think it would be fun and it would be great to put some faces with the nicks and names from here.

5. Mudville

Mudville New Member

sounds good to me. wanted to make the mendota gathering but time was tight and i don't have transpo. a delta gathering would be good.

6. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Hey Mutt,
    Great idea bro :0a24: Several guys up in Stockton/Sac area was wanting to put one together. Mossdale has that camp ground with showers and all. My wife and I and kids camped there last year over the weekend. Heck, several nice spots up there in the delta. Someone like yourself that knows the area could make it happen. I have a B.O.C. gathering banner sure would be there too. I have hosted 3 down here in Fresno (Mendota Wildlife Refuge). We usually have it in the spring. Let us know if you need any help bro.

7. Socal-Mike

Socal-Mike New Member

State:
    Anaheim California
    Hmm. Im from down in Socal, but if the timings right i might be able to fish with you guys too.
    Would be a blast

8. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    hmm need to do a thread that asks for all the stockton and sac guys to check it hehe. see how many boats we can get toghter 3 people can fish comfortable off my boat. could shove 4 but it gets crowded one reason id like to get rid of my bass boat and get a nice deep vee job. the bad thing is right now in mossdale they got the y blocked going down old river towards tracy for the run right now and it really slows the cats down in that area. plus it blocks access into the channel at tracy which produces some decent cats. let me do some checking and see what i can come up with etc. any one have any ideas when they would be interested in doing this?

9. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    hey the more the merrier!

10. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Sounds REAL GOOD to me too i'm waiting for an excuse to throw some bait to a sturgeon or a fat cat heck even a striper :p and i have someone up in Sac who's wanting to get together also he'd probably come too, so you have a few already to go here Mutt :D

11. Mudville

Mudville New Member

well here's one stockton fisherman checking in. i don't have a boat but i have plenty of poles,tackle,will get some bait and food or gas whatever works out for the gathering. this would be better for me because of transpo nad especially if we can camp there. get dropped off and picked up. no wife no kids. this has gotta work.LOL.

12. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    ok this weekend ill go up and see what i can do at mossdale and ill check into a couple of other places up there too my head is starting to get some ideas going in it. and that is scary

13. Mudville

Mudville New Member

lol. i know what you mean.

14. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Keep us posted Mutt. Been a while since I was up fishing the Delta. Last time was over the summer with lilhooker. Looking forward to it.

15. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    i sure will
    this weekend i have to go to new malones the average trout right now is around 4 pounds or so while trolling around 35 to 60 feet deep sooo well yanno how it is :p but next week i will get up to a few spots in the delta and start asking questions etc.

16. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Mutt: A gatheren on the delta sounds cool, love to make that one, and put me down for that one. Were going to get a gathering going down here for the colorado river and hit up some flatheads in the spring also. Lets see if we can't plan it so the bros can make both of them if they like. I'm thinking some time in april or the first part of may for down here any later its starts getting a little warm for tent camping ,for some. Got a couple of weekend that wont work I know of, mothers day, and easter. mutt: Lets start working the dates so we can have good plan I know down here will need to start reserving some spots soon for camping

17. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    hey riverbud sounds good to me.
    ive had to put some things on hold for a bit wife had to have surgery last week so she is out of commision for a bit and of course it puts me out too for a bit grrr. but she is doing good i hope in the next week or so i will be able to go and start looking for a spot. so its still in the works just trying to find time to get started lol

18. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Hey Mutt......Sorry to hear bout your wife. Hope all is well with her. I know what you mean. My wife went to the hospitol one night when Brian and I was out catfishing. Man was I worried on the way home :crying: Keep us posted bro ;)