Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

ITS SO HARD TO BE HUMBLE

• Years of study, becoming one with the Catfish, anyone can become a certified Catfishing prodigy!

• Once DNA is tainted, by imprinting Bass into it, you are doomed. Science will have a cure soon!

• Heck I don’t Know? But I sure look good reeling in a big catfish! George, call me!

A QUESTION FROM THE WHITE HOUSE, VANITY FAIR, AND SCIENCE!

2K views 30 replies 17 participants last post by  jeremiad 
#1 ·
One question that comes up continually in the BOC mail box is from leading fashion and trend setting magazines. This isn’t the normal question that you would assume, and the BOC staff has finally decided to put it to rest, with a member poll.

Some Common Questions:

Vanity Fair Editorial Manager Writes: Dear Paul, what is it that makes catfishermen babe magnets, totally confident, exuding an air of ultimate authority?

Science Daily Editorial Manager Writes: Dear Paul, thanks to the BOC we have finally proved the water motion hypothesis. What makes catfishermen natural born prodigies of the sciences?

Magazine of Models Editorial Manager Writes: Dear Paul, this isn’t funny! You keep locking member profiles but we will get those member photos! We need those member photos for the December issue, lets talk!

The President of the United States writes: Dear Paul, it isn’t looking good ole buddy, I may have to take you up on your offer, and get the BOC involved. I will need to know what my old password was, its time to stop dancing and bring in the big guns!

Authentication Serial: 67tr$$h2dt

Are catfishermen just born perfect, or is it something that can be learned.

Vote Now!

See less See more
#3 ·
It is the hats. You put the right hat on a ugly head, or one with no brains in it and it transforms the man. Macho personified. Nothing to do with genetics, nothing to do with a new Porsche and the girls hiking their skirts up when you drive by, nothing to do with expertise or knowledge, nothing to do with a big bank account, perhaps it has something to do with the BOC. It is the place the guys come to get the right hats and show off their ability to wear it. They come in Gold, Tan, and Brown and even clean. You got to get them dirty to get the real effect all those womens magazines are looking for. You don't even have to wear deodorant unless you are going to the bar after fishing. Vanity Fair I have the perfect cover boy for you, he drives a train and has oil on his hands from oiling the drive wheels, but he is so Macho, crude, rude and socially unacceptable he would make a boar hog embarrassed. Perfect presidential candidate for the "Real Man" party.

#5 ·
I look good reelin in anything! LOL! My phone has been ringin off the hook for spreads in various rags. The launch was BPOTM. Its been one offer after another. Only bein able to spawn when the temp hits 70 degrees shows where my head is at. LOL!

#6 ·
Paul, ya ain't right brother...and I like that. As we are taking this turn, request new BOC hat model. Need "Boonie" units with emblem. Maybe some Berets, for those with more than 3 awards. Tell GW I'm in. Hell they got a river. Time for some BOC/PBR's. We will need waivers for firearms, and most of our bait would be considered haz mat also......
Middle East gathering?

#8 ·
Totally genetic. You have to have the genes for catfishing. Many times, the women aren't aware of a catfisher's penchant for his quarry prior to their arrousal, however, his pheromones are apparently irresitable. Has to do with the instinct of survival, and the ability to provide sustanance. You don't have to have cash to be rich. A catfisher is rich at heart, and in character regardless of how big his bankroll is. We are :cool2:, and that matters most.:smile2:

#10 ·
We are not born within the realm of catfishing. It is a long drawn out process requiring many hours on the water. (For every hour spent bass fishing, 100 hours of catfishing is minimal payoff.)

John hit on one of the three requirements, the right hat.
Next, bib overalls.
Finally, ya got to have a beard. Unfortunately, the last one eliminates most of the women here, not all though. The unfortunate part is the ones it doesn't eliminate.

#11 ·
Dangit!!! I can't grow a beard, and I would never be seen in a pair of bibs!:sad2: Guess I'm just a poser.

Ever seen the calander of women fishing???:big_smile: I don't think any of them have a beard, but hey, I didn't look that close. Maybe they did???:eek:oooh:

#12 ·
I got the cat bug like you do lyme disease and west nile virus. I got bit once & havent been the same since.

#13 ·
I'm just waiting for the day when that 150#+ Blue takes a bite on my hook and I go "Hand to Hand" until one of us gives up! It won't be me! I may pass out from exhaustion, my equipment might fail, something else might happen, but I will NOT be giving up! Day to Night; Night to Day, the camera will work fine!
Thats just my two cents worth!
Fraternally,
Coyote1
[[[[[End of Post]]]]]

#17 ·
Big George,

Hmmmm... This poses a problem? :roll_eyes:

How to induce a vision quest on Big George, and abide by the laws set down by our founding fathers?

Hmmmmm....:roll_eyes:

Got it! :smile2:

Mark and Myself will use the powers of my Kegerator! :big_smile:

You will lick on an Amazon Toad we will order from Ebay! :wink:

#22 ·
Mr. Greg,

Your seat has been reserved on the jon boat, "U.S.S Catfish Vision Quest".

Seeing how you have operational experience as an intelligence officer with the US Army, you will be responsible for selecting our routes on this journey :smile2:

Normal safety protocols will be waived for this mission, to become one with the Catfish, we must push the outer bounds of reality! :smile2:

Some of us, are sure not to return. :sad2:

#25 ·
i will agree with the hat and the overalls part, but not all of us can have beards. i can grow one like the best of them, but being in the marine corps severely limits me having a beard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.