A question about those "rocket rods"

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by buddah, Mar 4, 2007.

1. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Anyone ever see this contraption? I wonder how one would attach the lure or bait on the end? Looks like fun actually. I was thinking of buying one just to play with it or maybe a gag gift for Thom...lol
    Just wanted to know how this lil booger works!

Attached Files:

2. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Local television station did a story on them. They found that after about the 10th time you use it, things start coming apart. I think the concept is good, and it definitly gets kids of all ages wanting to fish. Just needed better materials for the product.

3. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    It's a good concept,but it needs to be sturdier and more reliable.Maybe some of you BOC brothers could put your thinkin caps on and design one that would bring in a big ole cat,now to me that would be neat!!:big_smile:

4. kdm75

kdm75 New Member

State:
    north carolina
    Well i glad i read this. My kids has been wanting one of these for a long time he got to where he can dial numbers on the phone now and saw the add on tv. HE tried his best to order it lol. I was going to get them one a peace but now I will just get them the old closed face reel and rod set.

5. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    If you can figure out a way to put a 6 oz weight, 8/0 circle and a whole white perch into the barrel of a muzzle loader and then not melt the line or damage the line on the charge you'd have one nice (loud) system :winks:

Its unfortunately a gimmick just like the instant fisherman (its a crappy rod, but its only good thing is that its portable) or some of the other ones i've seen out there... but if people are willing to buy it...

6. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    Looks like a gimmick to seperate some hard earned dollars from your wallet into another hands..to me

cyas
    robert

7. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I saw a add on them and told my wife people will buy anthing:crazy:

8. catfish_jordan

catfish_jordan New Member

State:
    Lincoln,NE
    i think its a bunch hoopla.

9. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Dont get me wrong, I think the concept is totally great. The kid in me wants to get one and try it out. I could see where the handi-cappable could use this device, or something more reliable, and get outdoors and go fishing and possibly more.
    Its just that its made with cheap plastic and wont stand the test oftime like, oh, I dont know, a Zebco 202. Now before any of you get offended, I have 202's and I love them and used them for many years. But Ive also upgraded to great possibilities of landing a big fish.
    Anyway, lets suppose one of the great minds here at the BOC can come up with a better "mouse trap", that would be really cool! Like P.K. said, if it could land a big ol cat too? Think of the possibilities!

10. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    the ole spud cannon comes to mind :eek:oooh: :cool2: :tounge_out: :big_smile:

11. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    PVC w/ lighter fluid? actually i was thinking about that... but its a whole lotta weight for that to be heaving... potato's only but a few ounces usually and fairly aerodynamic... the bait and weight aren't usually.... eh worth a shot... lol draw DNR's attention if nothing else

12. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
  13. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    heh,heh, I know it's just a crappy toy but it looks like fun! lol I was gonna get one for my buddy tom cause he thinks he's god gift to fisherman! LOL Just curious how other fisherman viewd this piece of crap! lol hahaha Thank you!:lol: :lol: :tounge_out:

14. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
    The two main problems I see with the air canon are: setting the cast control to prevent backlash, and air bypass in the barrel. For the air bypass I believe we could come up with a punchbait sabot. The cast contol setting I guess would be by trial and error :crazy: and we would probably lose a few outfits till we got it figured out. :big_smile: