a question about spillways?

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by justaredneck, Dec 3, 2008.

1. justaredneck

justaredneck New Member

State:
    kansas
    my internet went down for a long time but i am back. i am stuck at home with a broken leg and was wondering if the spillways at clinton or perry were good for anything this time of year. just looking for easy spot to fish were i can catch something since i am on cruches, and my truck is a stick i cant drive it so i have to go were i dont tear up my wifes car to badly. any advise would be most appreciated.by the way sorry i didnt make it to the fall gathering in sept, i said i would be there but we just moved into a trailer and didnt have the time.

2. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    I have had luck this time of year at both just depends on what you wanting to catch. I have had the best luck with crappie and whites. Never had alot of luck for cats this time of year at either location.

3. justaredneck

justaredneck New Member

State:
    kansas
    just wanted to say thanks, i seem to have misplaced the thank member box. is that because i am starting all over again?

4. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    I think that you have to have post 10 time then it will be there.

5. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    After you've made ten comments on the boards, they start giving you more
    options. So chat aimlessly for a while. If you want it quicker, become a
    star, or contributing member. Send them a little cash and possibilities increase
    almost as soon as the check clears, I'm told. Me, I just talk a lot.

6. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Yes Michael, you sure do, and I'm sure some of us can understand what you're saying some of the time, at least:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

7. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Bummer on the broken leg, I use to fish Perry Spillway alot, with my father in law. I think that would be your best bet, you can drive all the way down to the water on one side, I have caught some nice fish down there. At this time of year, worms are killers, dont know why. Also there is usually some shad floating around the area down there.