A Question about Marking Free-Floating Device [ Jugs ]!

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by TOPS, May 16, 2007.

1. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    The regs say= " up to 20 jugs or similar devices may be used per person and must be clearly marked with either the user's name and address, driver's license number or current vehicle tag number." My question is can you just put your name and drivers license number or can you just put your drivers license number with-out the name? How must this work?

2. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    i put name and tag # on mine cause that information anyone can already know..since it's on my truck or boat any way....i do not use my address though:cool2:

3. r_corter12

r_corter12 New Member

State:
    Carlisle,AR
    TOP I ALWAYS JUST PUT MY VEHICLE TAG NUMBER.I REALLY DONT LIKE TO PUT ANYTHING AFTER I WAS TICKETED ON LAKE DARDENELLE FOR HAVING A COUPLE OF JUGS OUT UNATENDED DURING DAYLIGHT HOURS!ANYONE WHOS EVER JUG FISHED KNOWS THEY NEVER STAY TOGETHER AND THERES NO WAY POSIBBLE TO USUALLY HAVE THEM ALL GATHERED UP 30 MIN AFTER SUNRISE THIS IS ANOTHER DUMB LAW FOR THEM TO MAKE MONEY OFF OF AND NEEDS TO BE CHANGED!IVE HAD GAR TO CARRY JUGS SEVERAL MILES IN JUST A FEW HOURS AND AN OCASIONAL BIG CATFISH WILL DO THE SAME AND IF YOU GET A STRIPER ON ONE THERES KNOW TELLING WHERE IT WILL END UP AT.

4. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    I made some jug this year and going to put My truck tag on them.

5. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Top- My understanding is you have to have Your name, addresse, and D.L #, or Your name, addresse and Tag number!

I mark mine with the Name, Addresse, and D.L #

Corter,that is the whole purpose of requiring you to have all the information is so they can catch you breaking rules and regulations!

6. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Also, I never put out my limit at one time. I start out with a dozen or so, if they are biting slow, then i stay with that number. If they start to bite good, then i might increase that number!

I usually am running mine alone a lot. So, this keeps me from having more out than i need at one time. I also run mine thru out the night. Not just putting them out and forgetting them until morning! This allows you to keep up with them and not let them drift to far!

Also keeps from having a fish on a jug all night! You can't catch another one if one is already on it! Less stress on the fish also.

7. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    top i just put my truck tag num. and call it a day

8. r_corter12

r_corter12 New Member

State:
    Carlisle,AR
    IF YOU DIDNT NOTICE I STARTED OF BY SAYING TOP I ALWAYS PUT MY TAG NUMBER AND I DO.SECOND THE LAW DOESENT RQUIRE YOU TO STAY WITH THEM ALL NIGHT BUT I ALWAYS CHECK MINE AT LEAST TWICE A NIGHT.LIKE I SAID IT ONLY TAKES AN HOUR OR TWO FOR ONE JUG TO GET AWAY FROM YOU,THEN YOU HAVE BROKEN THE LAW IF YOU CANT FIND IT.IF YOU HAVE NEVER LOST A JUG I GUESS YOUR AN EXCEPTION CAUSE I KNOW TO MANY THAT JUG FISH WHO HAVE.IM NOT JUST SOME REDNECK OUT HERE BREAKING THE LAWS,I SUPPORT SEVERAL ORGANIZATIONS I AM A BIG SUPPORTER OF THE NWTF AND ACATS.IVE BEEN TO SEVERAL GAME AND FISH COMMISION MEETINGS WHEN THE PUBLIC IS INVITED.I ALSO NEVER USE ANYTHING BUT NOODDLES, I THINK IT SHOULD BE AGAINST THE LAW TO USE SOME OF THE STUFF IVE SEEN SUCH AS OIL JUGS AND BLEACH JUGS ESPECIALLY IF THEY HAVENT BEEN TRIPPLE RINSED WITH SOAP.NOODLES ARE VERY INEXPENSIVE AND ARE AVAILABLE EVERYWHERE.

SO JUST FOR THE RECORD I NEVER SAID I DONT PUT MY INFO,I SAID "I DONT LIKE TO".ALL I WAS TRYING TO SAY IS THE LAW SHOULD BE CHANGED.THE DAY I GOT MY TICKET I HAD ONE JUG THAT GOT AWAY WHEN WE GOT BACK TWO SHORE AN OFFICER HAD PIKCED IT UP AND HAD IT IN HIS BOAT.I HAD THE REST WITH ME.IT WASNT LIKE I WAS DOING IT ON PURPOSE OR SETTING THEM OUT AND LEAVING THEM DURING THE DAY. I KNOW WHY THE LAW IS IN PLACE FOR THE SAFTEY OF SKYERS AND SWIMMERS.I WOULD NEVER JEPORDIZE ANYONES LIFE.IT ISNT A LAW BUT I ALWAYS MARK MY TROTLINES WITH NODDLES CUT REAL SMALL SO THEY ARE VERY VISABLE TO SWIMMERS AND SKIERS!!!BUT THAT ALSO ALOWS EVERYONE ELSE TO RUN THEM AND THE BASS FISHERMAN TO CUT THEM BUT THAT IS A DIFFERENT STORY.THANK YOU FOR TIME I HOPE YOU READ THIS ALL AND WE HAVE COME TO AN UNDERSTANDING,TURN THE BIG ONES LOOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RANDY CORTER

9. r_corter12

r_corter12 New Member

State:
    Carlisle,AR
    31.10 FREEFLOATING FISHING DEVICES RESTRICTIONS. ​
    [FONT=Arial,Arial]It shall
    06-88 be unlawful for a person to fish in excess of twenty (20) freefloating fishing devices (jugs) and to fail to attend said devices at all times. All freefloating fishing devices shall be plainly labeled, on durable material, with the name and address, or vehicle operator's license number, or current vehicle license number (registered to the FFD user) of the person using such equipment.

[/FONT]
    EXCEPTION​
    [FONT=Arial,Arial]:

(1) Freefloating Fishing Devices are not required to be attended from sunset to sunrise.

TOP THIS IS THE CURRENT REGULATIONS ON JUGS FROM THE AR GAME AND FISH CODE BOOK
    [/FONT]

10. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    For a while, I simply used my DL#, but now I put on my name & address. That way, if I use the jugs in another state, I'm still legal. I use a Sharpie to write it directly on the jugs.

11. bigboy113054

bigboy113054 New Member

State:
    Prattsville,Arkansas
    I put my name, address, and tag # on mime.

12. Master_Taxidermist

Master_Taxidermist New Member

State:
    OK
    Name and Tag # only. Any authority of the law can find anything they need on you with this information. Putting your address on your jugs is just giving any criminal you run across the address to your empty house.

13. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    If you have your driver's license # on the jug, or if you have your current vehicle's license tag # on it, you are not required to have your name, much less your address. The only reason I put my name and address on mine is that I sometimes use them in other states. Having my name and address on them makes me legal in any state where I'm liable to use them.

14. Wiscars

Wiscars New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I use name and address,but after Randy's woefull experience with the Law, I am thinking of "Plainly Labeling" them in Russain,Greek or BRAILE would be good. See just how literate those "osiffers"really are. Since I have never gotten a labeled jug back after loosing one: It has to be"Revenue Source "rational behind the whole deal. 20 jug limit allows for quite a few hooks to be in the water though, depending on setup. I do like not seeing 1000 jugs on the water,like 25 years ago on Bull Shoals! So I guess there is some merit in the # of jugs Regulation. But Randy's case is so typical of our aspiring officers' intent. $$$$$$$$$$$ and their new $GREEN$ trucks. Fighting them in court makes you cash flow like a cash cow. And they know it! Better opt for Greek with BOLD magic marker and fish more remote locations Randy.Far from Donuts and coffee. With Tongue in Cheek:lol: Keep Fishing!

15. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    This is a grand Idea.....Doesn't state what Language it had to be in...I am putting mine in a laser code using the # and letter systems of language...most clear plastic bottles have this code on them already who is to say this language is not my tag# and name? lol
    :haha:

16. r_corter12

r_corter12 New Member

State:
    Carlisle,AR
    wiscars im glad someones paying attention!!some of this stuff is rediculous.ex. memorial weekend my cousins daughter and 6 of her friends parked to go swimming in sylamore forrest sevice officer wrote parking tickets for all of them 25$ no 50$ oh no this was a 225$ parking ticket thats freakin rediculous the no parking sign wasnt even visable.her dad is going down today to take pictures of the sign to take to court.i hope they beat it.thats a paycheck to most ppl for one week getting out of hand i dont think so its way past that.i gues they will be writing a bunch of tickets up there after all how else are they going to build all those new roads and trails in the sylamore national forrest they have proposed.they need to invest some of that mpney in a chainsaw for there officers to claear the brush so you can see thers signs oh i forgot that would be manual labor which i have never seen any officer do!!!!that ac in his new truck just feelin to good i guess.

17. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Of course, if the sign were to suddenly come up missing, who's to say just when it vanished. And a picture showing no sign in place would put the F&G in the position of having to provide proof that the sign was there when the officer wrote the ticket. And a picture showing no sign will almost certainly provide better proof in court than just the officer's word. Years and years ago I once got a parking ticket. I don't remember the exact address on the ticket, but it was something like, the intersection of 2nd and 3d streets, which of course never intersect, since they run parallel. When I pointed this out to the judge, he said it was simple enough to write another ticket with a different address. I told him to go ahead, that I'd love to haul him and the police force into court for falsifying documents. He didn't like that, but he was smart enough to know when to back off. That was the last I heard about it.

18. r_corter12

r_corter12 New Member

State:
    Carlisle,AR
    WELL THE SIGN WAS THERE IT JUST WASNT VISABLE.THE SPRING GREEN UP HAD COVERED IT COMPLETELY.SAME DIFFERENCE THOUGH.PARKING TICKET OK 25$ I CAN UNDERSTAND BUT AT THAT RATE COME ON!!!!

19. Wiscars

Wiscars New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    It is a revenue source game. We the users of the resource, provide the revenue;for them to protect the resource from us! Money games designed to restrict access. Those new roads get new gates. Multiple use areas go to the highest bid. Unfortunately, catfishermen are not generally the jet set high rollers, like skiers or houseboaters. We are those guys that fish at night with heavy tackle and smell like shad or something. I think catfishing is better therapy for us all when these things happen. Look forward to the river getting good soon! :smile2:

20. Jacob W

Jacob W New Member

State:
    Arkansas & Oklahoma
    Hey guys, I looked through the regulation book on "jugging" and I didnt see anything saying how many hooks per line you are allowed to have.

My father and I started jug fishing last weekend (and did pretty well, plenty of fillets for the freezer) but he lives in OK. The law in OK is each person can have 15 jugs and each jug can only have 5 hooks.

Before I get started here in Arkansas I wanted to make sure what that regualtion was. I will most likely start jugging on the lower end of Beaver - white river area.

I gotta say Im hooked on this jugging thing! :big_smile: