A "Q" for Gene, and bit of wish

Discussion in 'WILD WOLF TACKLE' started by Phil Washburn, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    Hey Gene, i bought some of your sickle hooks after reading some posts about them. got them today, and i think they will be great for jugs and rod/reel fishing. i also bought a couple of your double hook rigs...the one thing i am not sure of is this: do you bait only the top hook?

the suggestion is this- you talked to us at keystone about how the flat bottom of your jug float is a drag to the fish...very true, but the same principal applies to the slip floats.....when i reel mine in the flat top is like dragging a board sideways thru the water...how about put a conical top on your slip floats? just a thought, and thanks for your contributions to my fishing:big_smile:

2. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I ain't Gene, but you can get the answer on this video #2

3. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    The Wild Wolf Coneheaded Katbobber :0a1:

4. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That's not a bad idea... the bobber does put a lot of drag on the line when it's being reeled in... and when you use "pretend" catfish gear like I've been, it's pretty noticeable... :smile2:

Something to consider, anyway...

5. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Pretty soon you guys will want him to put whiskers on it so you can hold it up and say its a catfish :eek:oooh::smile2:

Its not that hard too reel it in !! holy smokes, maybe I should call eagle claw and ask them to put fins on all my hooks so they can come in easyer.. :smile2:

I can see this the conehead Gene Fat Kat Bobber with wiskers and fins.. if you don't catch a fish today just hold up the fat kat and take your picture..lol

6. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Don't be ridiculous... putting fins and whiskers on the bobber would be just plain silly.

He could just make a little sleeve with the fins and whiskers to fit over the KatBobber that we can put on it... :smile2:

7. akwolf41

akwolf41 Master Instigator of the BOC!

State:
    Kenai, Ala
    Uncle Phil;

I appreciate your review on the KatBobbers and Hooks. On the changing of the top of the bobber is a situation where It can be done but to do that requires making another Mold that is somewhat expensive that would run the Price up to a point where I would have a lot more complaints and sales would plummet downward. The original design was made with construction and cost to be less and making it very competitive in the marketplace. It does work better that any other slip float or bobber on the market. I may have to add a package of pain killers in the package to relieve the agony of reeling it in. The Fish hate these bobbers and most fishermen Love them

So Uncle Phil, I probably won't redesign them in the near future. But I do appreciate your comments and Post.

Your Young Nephew:

Gene

8. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    :smile2:i thought the response would be along those lines...just a thought buddy:big_smile:

i do like them. i think they are the best on the market

9. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    you forgot to answer my question nephew:wink:

10. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Phil:

See you didn't read everyone's post on here or you would of seen your answer to that question ?

In post # 2 on this thread explains to you that your answer was posted by Ol'Man, see he took time out of his busy schedule, that he dont have much of, :)wink:) and posted to you and you never seen it,:)cool2:) thats why Gene did not address your question about the double rig.

Here Phil >:)smile2:) Please click on this link and watch this video from beginning to end its only a few minuts long but will show you how to rig your bait.

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showpost.php?p=780131&postcount=2