A Proud moment

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by SSG Johnson, Jul 13, 2006.

1. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    While in Florida me and my two boys went to the air tunnel. Its a huge fan of some sort that blows MPH winds and simulates free fall. Myself Ryan and Tyler went to the tunnel.

I had worked all week with Ryan about how to arch and tried my best to explain what it would be like in the tunnel. I was unsure whether he was listening or not or even if he understood what I was trying to explain. My youngest boy watched and even wanted to join in and try it himself He is 3 and Ryan is 9.

While at the tunnel we had to take a short class on how to arch and how to fly in the tunnel. I think the older boy Ryan realized the old man knew what he was talking about during the class.

We flew in the tunnel but everything happened so fast and I was concentrating on what to do that I really didn't pay that much attention while the boys where in the tunnel.

I had gotten a CD because I figured that would happen and secretly I wanted to see if Ryan had picked up what I had told and showed him.

I had forgotten about the CD and found it just a few minuets ago nervously I put it in the player. It was easy to see that Ryan had payed attention and was doing exactly what I had told him........I am really proud of him. When Tyler the three year old came up he really got it right and I was really proud of him. I couldn't control my self and had to show the CD to my Buddie at the end of the CD he turned to me and said with a smile someone taught those boys how to arch...... That made me feel really good that not only I was impressed with the boys but someone else.

I cant wait until the younger the boys are old enough to really fish, hunt, skydive and everything else with me. It was aw some that we could always have that time together and I know we will have many more as they get older at least I hope.

2. vinny

vinny New Member

State:
    ill.
    the boys are good to go fishing with I take my granddoughter fishing and she is 3 years old and it is fun do not wait it is fun when they are young

3. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    You're doing a great job, Dad, you deserve to be proud!

4. Trophy Hunter

Trophy Hunter New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Isn't it nice when you realize what you told them has sank in? Enjoy yourselves!

5. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Wanna give some lessons? Awesome stuff, I know that my oldest would have a blast doing stuff like that!!!

Aaron

TA2D

6. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Chuck time with the kids like that is very important and will last a life time. I hope ya'll keep have times like that for all of your life. I miss doing thing like that with my kids as They are grown and don't have much time with them any more. But I do have memories that works for now.

7. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    Stick that chest out there proud Chuck!

Praising your boys and telling them how proud you are of them will pay huge dividends for a lifetime!

Sounds like you all had a lot of fun and have much to look forward to as they get older.

_

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Thats a great story coming from a proud Dad!!!

9. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Teaching our children is what we all need to do. They learn form us and enjoy us better as parents.
    I spend as much time as possible with my kids and teach them something every chance I get.
    Good Job and keep making them proud of what they learn and what you teach them brother.

10. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Did you let the boys see the CD? and tell them how proud you are of them. You are a good father and role model for them. I hope you get to enjoy good times for a long time with them.

11. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Those kids are old enough to go fishing now!!

First time my mom and dad took me fishing I don't remember at all. They told me I was 2 months old. First time I actually fished was at around 3. I do remember that when i was 5 my dad was taking me out, just the two of us, for bass fishing at 4 in the morning.

I ain't no morning person, never have been. But it was easy to wake me up to go fishing!

12. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    :feel_good: Boy that sure does an ole heart some good seeing a dad and kids doing something together. So many dads seem to be on the back burner when it comes to spending time with thier children. I salute you for what you are doing. In the long run you will be well rewarded I'm sure. Sounds like if they are old enough to go in a wind tunnel they are old enough to OUT FISH DAD:big_smile: So get them out on the water and see what happens.

13. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Brother that just shows that your kids respect you by them listening to you. Glad you got that CD, that is great to show off for years to come. You are a great father.

14. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    Time spent with kids is time well spent glad you all had fun