A pretty good night

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Slatebar, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    Fished Gallipolis Pool tonight. Left the ramp about 5 PM and went down river to some logs and zilch. Headed back up river to come home and decided to fish another spot for a while. Got all settled in and fished for about an hour and here comes a boat with 2 men. First time this has ever happened to me in near 65 years of fishing. They horseshoed my boat and anchored between me and shore.I mean right off port side. Public water, and really didn't get PO'ed, just kind of stunned that people will do that. About dark I got a few runs and got 1 chanell Cat about 24 inches and a small Shovlehead. About an hour later got a 14 lb. 32 inch Shovlehead. Had another good run and got my line all screwed up. While getting that line fixed the other rod took off. Another Chanell Cat 27 1/2 inches. Had several short runs and a couple good runs but I missed them. All in all a pretty good night,Got off the river around midnight. Would have been better if Sterio had been working. New one will be here this week.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 20, 2009
  2. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Catching something is always better than nothing...nice fish by the way, thanks for the pics!

3. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    There is difinitely some rude people out there that's for sure. Congrats on what you caught an many thanks for the post an pics.

4. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    congrats and thanks for the post!!

5. SURFPREP

SURFPREP New Member

State:
    KY
    That is the reason I gave up fishing years ago. Go to relax and someone sit on you porch. Finally got back into it.

Great night!

6. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Bill.