A prayer for whoever needs one!

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by Flatheadhunter33, Dec 9, 2007.

1. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I got this encouragement from one of my aunts...I hope this in turn will encourage some BOC members who might need it right now or later.:wink:

What's on Your Mind?

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy--meditate on these things.-Philippians 4:8

Let me tell you about one of my weekends a few years ago. I was undermined, disrespected, hurt and rejected. I felt less than a mother, lonely as a daughter and baffled as a friend. I was dissatisfied and disgusted, furious and angry. I was dicey. I was mad. I was a mother. A mother who had an experience with her teenager that almost took the joy of life away from my weekend. I wanted to scream! I did cry and I did pray. I repented, because I remembered the hurt I caused my mom as a teenager. I let God wipe my tears and calm my soul. I slept.

By Sunday morning, I was still hurt. I went to church focused intently on the message, because coincidentally, it was about...children. After jotting a few notes for the teenager, because she wasn't there to hear how wrong she had been for herself, the pastor made a point that I couldn't pass on. Nope, this one was mine. He said, to stop focusing on what was wrong and focus on what was right. What was right in the situation?

I walked out of the building realizing that my mind had been completely marinated in the negative aspects of my weekend! It was nearly minimizing the really terrific stuff that had occurred! I knew that I immediately had to take authority over my mind and for every negative experience; I mentally unplugged them like a switchboard operator and replaced them with new positive plugs! Paul emphasizes to us in Ephesians 4:8 to think (reflect, contemplate, meditate) on the good things. I had to stop and ask myself with a different emphasis: What was on my mind?

I encourage you today not to focus on all the negative things going on in your life. Let the peace of God guard your heart AND mind. You may have "baby-daddy" or "baby-momma"drama, workplace war-zones, or even unfortunate combat-zone church drama. Whatever is going on wrong in life, God has already counteracted it with a peace grenade...all you have to do is use it! What's on your mind?

Let's Pray

Bless the Lord through this prayer for your peace: Father, I thank you for the ability just to think; and today I choose to think on Your promises that are yea and amen; I choose to think on your Word that says You will never leave me nor forsake me; I choose to meditate on the truth of your Word that says if I be anxious for nothing and submit everything to You in prayer, that Your PEACE will guard my heart and mind through Christ Jesus. Lord, allow your peace to guard my mind and my heart, even right now, in the name of Jesus...Amen!

Tracy Gale