A prayer for my nephew.....

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by CatHunterSteve, Jun 18, 2009.

1. CatHunterSteve

CatHunterSteve New Member

State:
    Snowville, Va
    Dear BOC brothers and sisters,
    I am a new member and I believe in the power of prayer. My nephew has gotten way in over his head with drugs. He's made some very bad decisions and they are controlling his every thought at this point. My signature speaks of the love I have for my brother who was tragilcally killed just 7 months before his son, my nephew, was born.
    My brother was my best friend and I don't know how I have let things get to the point that I have with my nephew, but I know he is a part of the most dear person I have ever know.
    I am asking that you would pray for my nephew (his name is Dana) praying that he will overcome this evil that currently consumes him. He is a wonderful kid and somewhere along the way he started making some very bad decisions.
    Please don't judge him, I know these were indeed HIS decisions and the addictions he now suffers are a result of those decisions, but I believe that with my prayers and yours, asking the Lord to do His will in my nephews life, I know my nephew can be set free from these addictions and turn his life around to serve the Lord.
    I miss my little brother and I know that he would appriciate your prayers for his son as well if he were still alive.

2. DANNYfrmINDY

DANNYfrmINDY New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Indiana
    I can understand what your nephew is going through. Many prayers sent for him and your family.

3. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Keep the faith ; )

My prayers will be sent. My prayers go out to you too. You will be faced with many hard decisions of your own and it wont be easy. I've been on both sides of that fence, I wish you the best of luck. Hang in there my friend...he is gonna need you ; )

-Jim-

4. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    My prayers are with your nephew, Steve, and also with you, that you might have wisdom in how to do your part. I pray that you will have the right words to say, and the appropriate opportunity to say them.

Thanks for so quickly becoming a caring and supportive member of the BOC. You'll find that that is the overwhelming attitude of most members of this great site, setting it apart from any other forum that I have ever seen.

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Our prayers go out to your nephew and the entire family. God Bless

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Prayers for your nephew, Dana. Drugs is hard for some to overcome, but if placed in Gods hands he can be set free.

7. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    My prayers are with you, nephew, and family. Stay strong and don't blame yourself but do be supportive of his efforts in overcoming this addiction. The road is long and filled with temptation so continue being unwaivering in your Faith in God. He will make a Way!!!

8. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    prayers go out to your nephew and the entire family

9. muzkrat

muzkrat New Member

State:
    va.
    prayers going out from va steve. i help with a recovery group on friday nights at my church. being a recovered addict and drunk myself it pains me to see people get so confused about drugs. the thing they turn to for relief comfort and good times is the very thing that brings them down. pray for him steve and tell him you love him everytime you see him. do not judge him for being misled, when he hits the bottom ..and he will ...he will remember the one that did not stop loving him and reach out to you. we have to get kids hooked on Jesus Christ and not on the things of this world. i check the BOC pretty much everyday when i am not on the river so feel free to PM me anytime brother.

10. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    Prayers go out for your nephew and to you and your family. God Bless.

11. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Prayers from Fresno California

12. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Prayers from MO. Hope he sees the light

13. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer